PDA

View Full Version : Robo Tail?

Kosh
12-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Some of you have seen Siroc the dog I use for some video and pics. Anyways he has no tail so I was going to build him one for Christmas. :D
Adding a feather duster to him is not only stylish but practical for cleaning around the house as with a few other attachments I have planned. Let me see if I have this correct? All I should need is a standard servo, RX and a 4 cell battery? I just plug the batt into channel 4 and it powers the servo?
I havent done any gliders so thats why I'm checking first.

Thanks, Kosh

aviatordave
12-18-2006, 09:24 PM
I wonder what Siroc thinks about all this ...lol

:D :p

Kosh
12-18-2006, 09:53 PM
Now thats funny, Siroc lets us know loud and clear when hes not in the mood for our antics. He will go along with only some of our half baked ideas and others we may have to run. This could very well be a run for your life idea.

Grasshopper
12-18-2006, 10:11 PM
I think if Siroc sees you with a feather duster and KY Jelly, you might be in for a fight!

TeslaWinger
12-19-2006, 01:14 AM
Hmmm... a bionic flyswatter- on a dog with no tail?

Well, Dr FrankenKosh... its a good thing this dog has a sense of humor- and a great smile too! :D

Reminds me of the story of a luckless dog who had no tail and had to fight his way thru life- since he couldn't wag it to show he was friendly! You are a saint (Bernard), sir! Just don't get bit!

If dogs are anything like airplanes, the tail is just there to make up for the mistakes of the wing... or legs... I forget.... Maybe he's a Manx? :D

Kosh
12-19-2006, 03:48 AM
It works, Just tested the idea on a 4 cell and the sevro moves. Now to make some kinda mount and add a few peacock feathers for a live test later this week.

aviatordave
12-19-2006, 04:52 AM
I think a video is in order....its an unwritten rule here. When you mix any of your hobby stuff with pets, you gotta show the rest of us! :)

Kosh
12-19-2006, 05:53 AM
Thats really the whole reason for this misadventure. Haven't done one of my pointless videos in some time and Siroc stars in all the others so why not.
There are over 30 videos on my site and the Siroc vids get downloaded almost 2 to 1 over the planes, Go figure. :rolleyes:

He's very popular in Japan and Korea ... lol :p

aviatordave
12-19-2006, 06:06 AM
He's very popular in Japan and Korea ... lol :p

really? lol If you had a dog site, the airplanes would rule I suppose

Susantd
12-19-2006, 06:51 AM
Poor Siroc..... :rolleyes:

aviatordave
12-20-2006, 04:17 AM
Poor Siroc..... :rolleyes:

Poor Siroc?.......poor Kosh when Siroc gets done with him ! :D

actually I am looking forward to see how this works...I have a long haired weiner dog that would take care of some house work here....lol