PDA

View Full Version : Another Fokker Dr-1?

GourmetSaint
12-20-2006, 04:14 AM
I'm just starting a scratch 10" wingspan scale Fokker DR-1. I found a source for laser cutting and now have over 60 x 40mm chord ribs (goe298) and some 32mm chord ones for the "wing" between the wheels. I have ordered the carbon fibre rod (0.8mm x 3mm for wing spars and main struts, 2mm dia round for wing LEs). I am using 3mm x 0.13mm carbon fibre tape for strengthening the trailing edges. I have ordered some Risteen Microlyte (Fokker Red) for covering.

I have no idea what I will power and control it with yet. I want to "see" how much it all weighs when completed. Any ideas/sources for 40mm dia ultra-light cowling? 1" wheels?

GourmetSaint
12-21-2006, 11:44 PM
The Microlite and carbon fibre bits all arrived so I'll be busy putting the 3 wings together over the Christmas break. Any recommendations on the best glue to use for CF to balsa?

Mongo40
02-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Noticed this was posted back in Dec. did you finish the fokker, would like to see some pics, also what plans did you use, I'm going to do one but haven't decided if I'll do foam or balsa, I'm looking for a little larger scaled one though, around a 30" wing span or so. Later
Chris

swass rc dawg
02-07-2010, 04:53 AM
you can just laminate 3 balsa parts and sand to shape look at the ones i have for my DSP models dr1 14'' ws