PDA

View Full Version : Cut-off mode for E-flite ESC

larrymcg
09-25-2005, 02:08 AM
I have the E-flite 20-amp brushless speed control (EFLA311 - not the V2 version). The documentation is minimal to say the least. It says it implements a voltage cutoff for 2 and 3 cell Li-Po batteries but it does not describe the mode of the cutoff. The cutoff is not programmable.

By cutoff mode, I mean what the ESC does when it sees low voltage. Does is do a hard cutoff where the throttle goes immediately to off? Or a soft cutoff where it gradually decreases the throttle? Or maybe it varies the throttle up and down a bit to indicate it's time to land? Or something else?

Thanks,
Larry

larrymcg
09-29-2005, 12:02 AM
I must be one of the few users of the E-flite ESC because this is the second forum where I've posted the question with no response. Horizon Hobby doesn't seem to have an email question and answer capability so I guess I'll try calling them. What? Use a phone? Who knows -- it might work!
Larry

debhicks
09-29-2005, 12:55 AM
I know I sell a lot of them. Haven't used them however. We use the castle creations in our stuff. Progammable.

WWI Ace
10-02-2005, 08:22 PM
Mine seems to be a gradual cutoff letting me know that I need to bring it in for a landing.

larrymcg
10-02-2005, 09:35 PM
WWI Ace,
That's what I've been experiencing also -- gradual reduction of motor speed. I really wanted to know that that's what it's supposed to do. A slowing motor could also just be the battery voltage going down too.
Thanks,
Larry