PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix HV85 red led flashing...

cristidenis
12-22-2006, 12:14 AM
I bought an speed controller Phoenix HV85 a few days ago and I cant program it neither to verify normal operation. The led is always flashing red when conected to the Bat without any tone.

I Have a transmiter Futaba T9CP Super, Receiver futaba 319DPS PCM, a bat Nicad 1500mAh 5V for receiver and servos.
A Brushless outrunner motor plettenberg Orbit 25-10. And for motor and controller a Lipo bat 6s 4350mAh 23v Litestorm.

In the transmiter the throttle is set to max 140% end points (also tried in 100%) and in Rev mode (also tried in Nor mode).

The PhoenixHV85 is conected to Ch 3 receiver, to the brushless motor through the three wires, and to the lipo with the good polarity.

Verifying Normal operation: speed controller connected to channel 3 receiver, Transmiter on, Main power bat to the controller, trottle lowest position, 4 sec, and the led is all times flashing red.....with no short tone...

Programing mode... the same but with full up throttle... no sounds and led flashing red continously.. ???

does anybody knows what is hapening.......:confused:

Geoff_Gino
12-22-2006, 05:30 AM
I bought an speed controller Phoenix HV85 a few days ago and I cant program it neither to verify normal operation. The led is always flashing red when conected to the Bat without any tone.

I Have a transmiter Futaba T9CP Super, Receiver futaba 319DPS PCM, a bat Nicad 1500mAh 5V for receiver and servos.
A Brushless outrunner motor plettenberg Orbit 25-10. And for motor and controller a Lipo bat 6s 4350mAh 23v Litestorm.

In the transmiter the throttle is set to max 140% end points (also tried in 100%) and in Rev mode (also tried in Nor mode).

The PhoenixHV85 is conected to Ch 3 receiver, to the brushless motor through the three wires, and to the lipo with the good polarity.

Verifying Normal operation: speed controller connected to channel 3 receiver, Transmiter on, Main power bat to the controller, trottle lowest position, 4 sec, and the led is all times flashing red.....with no short tone...

Programing mode... the same but with full up throttle... no sounds and led flashing red continously.. ???

does anybody knows what is hapening.......:confused:

Hi

Your throttle channel must be set to normal (ie not reversed) and the travel adjust should be -100% and + 100% with the throttle trim set all the way down. Also make sure that the throttle is in the zero position when switching the Tx on.

Rugar
12-22-2006, 05:52 AM
Moving to the Castle Creations Support Forum.

cristidenis
12-22-2006, 10:03 AM
Hi Geof, Thanks for your answer, but I have followed your advices and... nothing happens. no sound and the red led flashes again continously.
The Phoenix hv-85 manual says in its trobleshooting first point that whit futaba brand transmitters usualy its needed to reverse the throttle.. I also done that and I get the same red led flashing..

Geoff_Gino
12-22-2006, 10:08 AM
Hopefully one of the Castle guys will jump in with an answer.

Rugar
12-22-2006, 10:44 AM
Joe Ford from CC checks in here often. Just be patient and I'm sure he can get you going.

Walt Thyng
12-22-2006, 03:25 PM
Rugar, I found it by using search, but it would have been nice if you had posted the CC support link when you moved the thread.

Just a thought,
Merry Christmas,
Walt

Rugar
12-22-2006, 09:58 PM
Rugar, I found it by using search, but it would have been nice if you had posted the CC support link when you moved the thread.

Just a thought,
Merry Christmas,
Walt

Hi Walt,
I'm not sure what you mean. This thread was originally in the "Power Systems" section. I moved it to the "Castle Creations Support" section. The original thread is still in the list for this thread in the "Power System". This thread can now be found in two places, "Castle Creations Support", AND "Power Systems". If you go to find it in the "Power Systems" section because you didn't know it had been moved, no link is necessary as it will automatically take you here.

If you mean something different or have another suggestion on how we can make moved links easier to find, just let me know.

Have a Merry Christmas yourself!

Larry3215
12-23-2006, 05:23 AM
With Futaba transmitters the throttle, chanell 3, needs to be reversed.

Have you tried with a diffeent reciever? Some recievers dont send the correct signal out and the esc will not arm.
Do the other servos work OK?
Have you tried a servo on the throttle chanel to be sure its outputting a signal?
Check the conector to the rx and be sure all three wires are inserted all the way and making good contact.
Does the motor make ANY noise when the battery is first conected?

Its also possible you got a bad controller and it will need to be sent in to Castle for repair. I had an HV110 do something similar recently.

Good luck!

Larry

cristidenis
12-24-2006, 05:43 PM
Thanks LArry. I´ll try again in 5 days... I have moved out home for Christmas....

Joe Ford
12-26-2006, 12:22 AM
What Larry said. ;) If it's still not functioning after those tests contact Bernie in the tech dept. I am out of the office until Jan. 2nd.
913-390-6939 ext 123 or berniew@castlecreations.com

feathermerchant
12-26-2006, 11:59 PM
Did you know that with HV controllers you must have a power source to the receiver? A flight battery (4.8V) or BEC?

bert269
12-28-2006, 03:31 PM
Feathermerchant...I think you are right! - Now I recalled that the same thing happens when you connect a battery that is lower than the programmed cutoff voltage in the ESC. It has happenned to me before - using a lipo that has less juice than the programmed voltage (from there on I decided to use AUTO-Voltage (3V/cell) programming instead).

Connect a freshly charge battery and try it again.

cristidenis
12-30-2006, 10:47 PM
I have made all the checks Larry told me, the motor doesn make any sound when the bat is connected.. of course I am using a nicad bat 5V for the receiver, the HV85 has no bec.... Channel 3 is working well whith a servo conected... I have tried with Channel3 rev and normal... and the led is still continuously flashig red.. anybody knows the meaning of that flashing light..???

Larry3215
12-31-2006, 12:21 AM
Does it flash a certain number of times then repeat the patern? Flash pause flash pause etc or maybe flash flash flash pause repeat?

If so, count the flashes and let us know. Each number up to eight means a different error code IIRC.

If it is just constant flashes with no pauses then you will most likely need to send it in for repair.

Larry

cristidenis
01-01-2007, 12:15 PM
It is just constantly flashing with no pauses..... as long as the Lipo bat is connected.

Larry3215
01-01-2007, 05:38 PM
My best guess is you need to send it in then.

Id call them tomorrow to get another opinion first tho.

Bummer.

Larry

wildbob
01-01-2007, 09:12 PM
I have the same problem after up-dating the firmware and software on a Phoenix 35 and 45. Let us know what Castle comes up with.

cristidenis
01-02-2007, 06:37 PM
After doing a lot of tests with all the recomendations found in the net.... I have tried with another Phoenix HV85 (I bought two from FXaeromodels, one for me and the other for a friend), so I have pluged that "friend one" in my Heli, and every thing is working fine.. I program it perfectly and the motor is runing very well. So now there is no doubt, the first one is dead. Hope the warranty solve my problem..

Larry3215
01-02-2007, 07:11 PM
One thing you can be sure of - Castle will take good care of you!

Larry

Joe Ford
01-03-2007, 04:09 AM
cristidenis...Shoot me your mailing address and I will get a new one sent out to you pronto. Send that one back via the cheapest method possible. :) support@castlecreations.com
Title the email exactly as follows and I will look for it and have the paperwork filled out first thing tomorrow AM.

Subject: WATTFLYER.COM ATTN JOE FORD HV110 AWR

Rugar
01-03-2007, 10:20 PM
cristidenis...Shoot me your mailing address and I will get a new one sent out to you pronto. Send that one back via the cheapest method possible. :) support@castlecreations.com
Title the email exactly as follows and I will look for it and have the paperwork filled out first thing tomorrow AM.

Subject: WATTFLYER.COM ATTN JOE FORD HV110 AWR

Now this is why I only use CC ESC!

cristidenis
01-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Today 04/01/2006 I have sended back by ordinary spanish post mail the broken Phoenix HV85. to The adress of Castle Creations. Following Joe Ford recomendations trhough this forum. Thanks very much Joe for your reply and I have sended you my mailing adress .

I send two emails to CC tech. support , explaining my problem, one the 21/12/2006 and the other the 01/01/2007 but to the date I have only received the automatic answer:

"" Happy Holidays from Castle Creations Support Department!
Due to a higher volume of phone and email inquires, our email response time has increased to 24-48 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.""
.... my first e-mail was 14 days ago.??

Joe Ford
01-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Paperwork is filled out. :) For some reason I'm not showing either email from you!?!?!? I've added you to the safe list so it won't happen again. Very sorry.

PS-I just realized you have an HV85, not 110...sorry for the confusion. I put you down for an 85.

cristidenis
01-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Hi Joe : sending you now again an email with my mailing adress.
Thanks.

Joe Ford
01-05-2007, 01:49 AM
Already turned in the paperwork today...for some reason I got the email you sent to my personal email address, but not the one to support?!?!? We'll be sending one out as soon as possible. :)

cristidenis
01-05-2007, 06:18 PM
I have received answers to my e-mails from Castle crations,Bernie Wolfard Product Support Supervisor. The failing HV85 is under warranty and they repair it or send me a new one.

cristidenis
01-23-2007, 10:13 PM
After sending the CC HV85 broken controller to CC tech.support, I have received a new one in 12 days to the Canary Islands. Very good response and job from Castle Creations