PDA

View Full Version : several ww1 ARFs planned...$150US retail

watt_the?!
12-23-2006, 07:25 PM
guys,

im locked in a discussion with some chinese manufacturer who wont build an ARF without a commitment of minimum 5 kits.

We want to do a 50-55 inch fokker dviii first. Pricing for that batch could well be under $60US per unit.

Thuis would be a way to bring them to market.

Following that we have a sopwith tripehound, fokker dvii, fokker dvi, bleriot, camel, SE5a and more.

each unit can be drop shipped direct to each purchaser.

so....i need 5-10 people for the first cab off the rank. please PM me. the estimated retail after release will be in the $150US range.

Please let me know as I'd really love to get these available for everyone.

Tim

Lil-Snoopy
12-31-2006, 02:29 AM
You've got my attention. I checked out your site and the kits look great! May have a market here locally in Seattle and perhaps Portland.
Drop me a PM.

Alex

tommytorino
03-20-2007, 03:35 AM
Tim anything new? I never heard back from you after my last note.

Take Care

Tommy

WWI Ace
03-27-2007, 11:25 PM
I was wondering the same thing Tommy!!! Steve.

watt_the?!
03-28-2007, 09:34 AM
hmmm..guys i never got notification of a reply...as usual we had issues with the asian manufacturer....i hope we can get it movng again eventually.

havent revisited it for a while now but will do so.

Sorry.

Tim

thomer
04-05-2007, 03:44 AM
PM sent. Put me on the list for 1 !

Kevin

kevo
04-05-2007, 04:59 AM
hmmm..guys i never got notification of a reply...as usual we had issues with the asian manufacturer....i hope we can get it movng again eventually.

havent revisited it for a while now but will do so.

Sorry.

Tim

I'll be interested in one if they make a good job of them.

Kev

Balil
04-05-2007, 06:20 AM
im in for the triphound!!!!

thomer
04-15-2007, 09:30 PM
Tim,

Any news on these planes? Haven't heard back from you in a while. Thanks!

scalercflyer
04-21-2007, 10:20 AM
Any news about the planes? Martin

tommytorino
04-27-2007, 10:22 PM
Lots of smaller WWI jobs appearing all over E-bay! I'm sure you guys have seen them though.

Tommy

Saucerguy2
04-27-2007, 11:27 PM
I downloaded a copy of the fokker plans from your site, they look really nice. I think I now have a reason to buy some depron, any reccomendations as to the quanity I should order?

Also, I suggest getting photo's and specs of the planes you are trying to sell, I know it can be tough to compete and a bit risky if these guys are making you buy in volume. I'd be game if I still bought arf's.

watt_the?!
04-28-2007, 08:21 PM
hi all,

we did push this for sometime but since being ripped by more than 1 asian manufacturer we've backed off for now- so no more details....will revisit soon though. Tommy- any links (fresh ones?)

sorry for the lack of updates ...

Tim

Saucerguy2
04-29-2007, 12:25 PM
I tried to launch an ARF line, well, become a reseller of them last year only to find out since I am not from mainland China and wasn't prepared to buy in bulk to get the run around as well. I've since been trying to gear myself to compete on their level in a lteral sense with the advantage, I don't have to play the export game. In reality, it's still going to require depending upon them for the hardware, that I can buy in bulk knowing it's cheap and not dedicated to one particular plane or design parameters and can shift on a dime, especially with smaller test orders.

Your dream of wwI ARF's can be made a reality. I even stumbled into a thread here where the guy, who is local at least to the States has cnc equipment to accomodate, we just need to help him establish working procedures to go live with it all. Keep your dream alive, I for one am backing you up in those regards!!!

FokFlyer54
03-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Hi, I'm new to this forum please bear with me. Did anything new develope with the ARFS. Thanks, ;) hi all,

we did push this for sometime but since being ripped by more than 1 asian manufacturer we've backed off for now- so no more details....will revisit soon though. Tommy- any links (fresh ones?)

sorry for the lack of updates ...

Tim

Twmaster
03-02-2009, 08:36 PM
This thread is almost two years old. It is dead now.