PDA

View Full Version : test

nazgul
12-27-2006, 10:15 PM
test

Don Sims
12-27-2006, 11:29 PM
God test, Amory, I was with Wal-Mart there many-many-many moons ago... Great little town.

nazgul
12-28-2006, 06:09 AM
God test, Amory, I was with Wal-Mart there many-many-many moons ago... Great little town.
Wow! I've finally met someone who knows where Amory is! LOL!
Most folks, when I tell them I'm from Amory they reply with a blank stare. Then I say 35 miles south of Tupelo. Then it's "oh, ok.":rolleyes:

Don Sims
12-28-2006, 01:53 PM
LOL, there are several lectric fliers up in Corinth and a nice R/C Field South of Jackson TN called Majic Valley. The Majic Valley folks are having a flyin Jan 1st.

nazgul
12-28-2006, 02:55 PM
LOL, there are several lectric fliers up in Corinth and a nice R/C Field South of Jackson TN called Majic Valley. The Majic Valley folks are having a flyin Jan 1st.
Really? Can you get me more details on that? I'd love to try to make it up there to the fly in.

Don Sims
12-28-2006, 03:29 PM
Be happy to. They fly slimers an lectric and are knowledgeable folks. I'm planning to make it down there but have a sick family member which may force me to change my plans.

Don Sims
12-28-2006, 03:42 PM
I'll check with one of their club members to be sure it's still on.

Directions:

Take 45 N into Tennessee, pass around Henderson on 45 N, once you pass all the car dealerships on the North side of Henderson start looking for the Anvil plant on your right.

Just south of the plant there is a road heading east, take a right on that road. Cross over some Railroad tracks and drive less than a mile on your left you'll see a Majic Valley Air force sign. Take a left there and the fly in will be a couple of blocks ahead of you.

The club usually puts up R/C Fly In signs on 45 but don't depend on them.

It's free for spectators, you need an AMA card to fly, usually there is a small fee for pilots. I usually get there around 10 am and leave by 2 pm.

Look for a Black Valkyrie Motorcycle with a cheap trailer and I'll be close by. Nick King who is another big electric flyer drives a turbo Eclipse needing a paint job that he's restoring.

nazgul
12-28-2006, 04:08 PM
Thanks, Don. If I find it possible I'll try to make it up there. I used to live in Henderson about 10 years ago, so I'm pretty familiar with the general area.

Don Sims
12-28-2006, 11:26 PM
It's on for New Years Day depending on weather. They told me it starts around 9ish.