PDA

View Full Version : power line blues

CORVETTER89
12-28-2006, 08:09 PM
well i finally did it.. coming in for my landing approach wind coming from the so. bout 5-10 mph, power lines across the street i fly in the field across from my house wich is no.and........ wang!! my ventura catches the highest power line and hangs up on the wing.... damn! so after trying to reach it with my tree trimmer pole couldnt reach it tried throwing crap on a rope wrench, brush, etc. nooooo gooood! so thinking about it a light goes off in my head, retrieving my shotgun out of the closet finding some field loads thinking i was going to shoot a wing off and get my plane back... bang! bang! here she comes down, thinking i did it looking at the fuse... and.... reciever?...servos? anything left???? naaaaaaaaa! not a trace of either servos or rec. nothing but holes and shot oh well! a costly mistake! but i got that sum biotchhy down! big win tho...right?? hah! what a scheme! what a plan! .............what a shmuck!!!!!.... lol flight ops. suspended till arrival of new flight pack!! keep um up! vetter

warhawk40e
12-28-2006, 09:23 PM
I have to ask the stupid question... why were you trying to reach towards a power line with a tree trimmer or anything else? Were these dead power lines no longer in use?

CustomCougar
12-29-2006, 03:43 AM
So......any reports of power outages in the local area?

CORVETTER89
12-29-2006, 08:31 PM
oh hell no they were still hot but the line i snagged was a cable line.....

Tireshred
12-29-2006, 08:46 PM
The field I fly at has power lines on 2 sides, my depth perception is iffy at best, I sheared a wing in half once, the plane nosed in but was undamaged, but that's it so far. But I like your story, those wires are hard to see.

gsk11740
12-29-2006, 08:47 PM
Well, the at least the cable line won't bite you. However, if you happened to take down everyones cable TV on something like Superbowl Sunday, that could be a lot worse than 220v!

Airhead
01-04-2007, 08:04 AM
A Superbowl outage could cause some unfriendly neighbors.:mad:

Bruce