PDA

View Full Version : Keep an eye on what your student is doing

offtom
12-29-2006, 12:35 AM
I didn't. Guy was flying so good I got complacent, took my eye off the plane for just a sec or two, looked back in time to see the crash and resulting foam explosion. :rolleyes: Next time I think we'll use his plane to train with.

CustomCougar
12-29-2006, 03:38 AM
So, what was it before the crash? :eek:

Glue her up and show us!

offtom
12-29-2006, 02:43 PM
It was a twin boom foamy plan I got off the internet. Easy to build and real fun flying plane. It handled the constant wind we seem to get up here on the hill top quite well with the cheap GWS brushless I had on her. Can't glue it back together because when he went down he hit just right and pretty much vaporized the top half of the fuselage. Had little white balls of foam blowing all over the place when we got to the carcass. It's okay though, had enough foam downstairs and had a new one built and flying the next day.

ElectricFlyGuy
03-17-2007, 03:50 AM
:eek: :D :eek: :D :D :D

So, what was it before the crash? :eek:

Glue her up and show us!

vax6335
03-17-2007, 04:11 PM
Not to be mean, but good thing it was your plane. If I was an instructor and I let the student crash his plane because I wasn't paying attention, I would feel pretty bad. But, crashing is part of the hobby, gotta take the good with the bad.

Carjacker
03-17-2007, 04:37 PM
I've crashed, killed, destroyed many planes, and all I have to say for it is, "Woah".
I agree, crashing is part of the hobby.

offtom
03-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Not to be mean, but good thing it was your plane. If I was an instructor and I let the student crash his plane because I wasn't paying attention, I would feel pretty bad. But, crashing is part of the hobby, gotta take the good with the bad.

Couldn't agree with you more, that's why I always use mine to help get folks started. Once they're comfortable flying mine, well then they can go crash their own and learn what this hobby is really about......Buying more stuff! :)

Philscbx
03-24-2007, 10:57 AM
Do some of you use the tethered trainer box with the student.

I sure wish it was used when I was handed the controls visiting my Son in Germany.
Just like others, it was going real well and in what seemed less than a second, a beautiful ship had to be dug out of 6" inches of earth to find the engine.

If the sensitivity was reduced by 1/2, this may prevent some of it.

offtom
03-25-2007, 02:20 PM
Yes Phil I do have a buddy box setup. Got it when my daughter started showing an interest in what Daddy was doing with the planes. Neighbors get more use out of it than she does right now. :)