PDA

View Full Version : 1591 new posts! wow

firemanbill
12-30-2006, 10:39 PM
wow, I go away for a few days and come back and see 1591 new posts! Geesh! I gotta catch up...

We went to the wifes folks the day after Christmas and apparantly it is still "the land that time forgot"! They have no internet, actually they don't even have a computer. I took my laptop but her sister that lives next to her folks does not have her connection any longer. I can see how someone that has never used the internet can do without it but her sister used it and now has gotten rid of it...:(

Anyway.. when we got there I had no cell service either!:eek: apparantly there is no towers in "the land that time forgot"!

I did get in some good flying as they have 5 acres of land. So the trip was good despite being "disconnected" for a few days! Got to see my grandad who is 94 years old now. Saw a bunch of family I haven't got to see in a while as well.

It is good to be home though!

Rugar
12-30-2006, 11:48 PM
This board has been "On Fire" since Christmas. We have a new record for the most people on-line which happened the day after Christmas. Must of been a lot of new RC Toys received from Santa this year ;).

Glad to hear you had a nice time and a safe trip, and made it back from the Twilight Zone :D.

stinkweed007
12-30-2006, 11:55 PM
I did 10 of em!!!

Even changed my avatar...

Don Sims
12-31-2006, 12:10 AM
Welcome back to cyberspace Bill, even out here in the real sticks, I've at least got dialup!

stinkweed007
12-31-2006, 12:22 AM
I could tell you my connection speed but then you would just show how many planes you have and then I'd just get all depressed and...

Welcome back Bill... to much eggnog? or er um... Just get back from the relatives??

Don Sims
12-31-2006, 12:29 AM
LOL, I've got more planes than my dialup speed of 26.4 ;)

firemanbill
12-31-2006, 12:36 AM
"on fire" I'll say! wow! The new speedy servers came just in time it appears!

Don they have no desire to get "hooked up"! I knoew they did not have service but I got my son a cell phone that you can use as a usb modem as well so I thought we could get something going but that no cell towers in the are thing bit us on that one as well... It was a nice break but my hands started shaking the last day or two. They kept making this funny typing motion and no matter how hard I tried I couldn'ty stop!:D

At least my wife let me take a couple of planes and the CX so we did get to do some flying and had great weather for it as well.

nice avatar stinky:)