PDA

View Full Version : Sig Dornier 217

Jollyroger
12-31-2006, 04:41 PM
I have one on order from a LHS and hope it will be in soon. Has anybody else built one? http://www.sigmfg.com/cgi-bin/dpsmart.exe/MainMenuFV4.html?E+Sig
Happy New Year! jollyroger

rcers
12-31-2006, 09:32 PM
I don't think anyone has them yet - I sure want too.....

Mike

buzzltyr
12-31-2006, 09:35 PM
A flying buddy got one a couple of weeks ago. He says the laser cutting/parts fit is very good. He was also short a couple of pieces, which Sig is mailing out to him, so it might be a good idea to check the contents when you get yours.

Mark

rcers
12-31-2006, 11:32 PM
Mark - did he get it from Sig directly?

Tower is still showing January...

Mike

buzzltyr
01-01-2007, 01:17 AM
Hi Mike! Sorry, I didn't ask him where he got it. But I can tell you he had it on Saturday the 23rd. He brought the kit to one of our ad hoc meetings that day.

Mark

Sky Sharkster
01-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Hi Roger, I don't have the Dornier, but here's a link that may help;
http://www.geocities.com/ivansplans/?200629
Ivan has been building multi-motor electrics for several years now. He likes seaplanes and uses brushed motors with conventional (non-LiPo) batteries. Lots of good info on wiring, gearing, set-up, etc.
Also, if you check out the "Warbirds" Forum (WWII), there's several threads going on Twins, particularly the newer P-38 "Lightnings" that have been popping up. In addition to the GWS foam version, there's a couple of ARF balsa models available. Some of the power suggestions could be useful.
Good Luck!
Ron

Jollyroger
01-03-2007, 03:13 PM
I picked up my kit yesterday and made a summery inspection so far everything looks good. There was an addendum sheet attached to the inside concerning the build instructions so keep an eye out. Sig is obviously making sure there are no problems with the construction and the corrections will be made with the new copies of build manual.
The wood is of typical Sig quality...top notch. The laser cutting looks very good and the decals look nice. I hope I can build up to their expectations on this one. Even though it is a smaller kit there is still a lot of parts.
I plan to use E-Flight 370-1080 outrunner motors as I already have one of these. I attempted to utilise E-Calc, but results are somewhat confusing.
I already have three other planes in ahead of this one so it's going to wait it's turn. With Toledo coming up I can get the motors, etc there.
Now I need to buy a nice little compressor for my airbrushes:D so it can get a decent paint.
Cheers jollyroger

crashnburn
04-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Jollyroger;
Any updates on the Dornier build? I'm planning on building one also.

Jollyroger
04-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Ahhh, no. I'm working myself into a nervous breakdown trying to get the Citabria and Kougar finished by May or June whichever comes first.
The Citabria is a builder's kit, which means that there are a lot of details left to the builder: Yer on yer own when it comes to routing pushrods, mounting servos, etc. Pulling my hair out on this one.

salat
10-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Hello!
Would like to buy this kit at good price. Can anybody help?
Thank you,
Kostya