PDA

View Full Version : TP vs Duralite LiPo packs

Cata
09-27-2005, 09:04 PM
I am interested in obtaining 3cell 900 battery pack for my new electric plane. I would like to know which of these packs is best and the advantages and cons of each.:)

Charles

Mike Parsons
09-28-2005, 12:56 AM
I am under the impression that TP cells and Duralite are one in the same. I could be way off base here, but that was my understanding. I have never use the Duralite brand, but have many more TP packs than I should. The Apogee 830's are really good cells too. Just to throw another log on the fire :)

cadconversions
09-28-2005, 08:51 PM
I'm with Mike. Love my apogee 830's and have several of the 1,050 too that I like. They are about the same width and just a little longer than the 830 if you need a little more duration.

hoppy
10-04-2005, 07:47 PM
I am interested in obtaining 3cell 900 battery pack for my new electric plane. I would like to know which of these packs is best and the advantages and cons of each.:)

Charles

Maybe neither:)

Depends on what you are looking for... they are both good brands but others may be better for you application. What is your max and ave amp draws during flight? Is pack weight a big concern? Is price a concern? ANy additional information??