PDA

View Full Version : F27c crash at full throttle

maiden crash
01-03-2007, 09:49 AM
Hi, This is my first thread post here. The other day I was doing super low passes with my c stryker at full throttle. It was fairly gust but still flyable. On a low fly by the worst happened, a huge gust pushed the nose down and BAM, the stryker hit. I walked over to see. Nothing except for the battery hatch, nose cone and a slight tear to the right side of the wing was there. I fixed her up and flew her the very same day ( 2 hours later, had to charge the battery:)

All in all, I am really surprised at how durable the plane is. Kudos to parkzone!

Mc

300Spartans
01-03-2007, 09:36 PM
ive been thinking about upgrading from a slow stick and magpie to the f27c striker but im not sure if im ready for a jet. nice to hear though

maiden crash
01-03-2007, 10:52 PM
Hey There

The stryker is a great plane and Im sure you could handle it if you take it easy on the throttle. This plane will slow down nicely and it glides like crazy, it also makes landing as smooth as silk.

Best regards
Mc

redgiki
01-04-2007, 04:50 PM
I put a guy who only had one "real" flight and some simulator time behind the sticks on my C. I told him not to break half-throttle for any reason.

He flew it fine, and it handles just like the B-series Stryker at half throttle or lower. It even requires the strong baseball pitcher toss just like the B if you don't go over half :)

I turfed my bird not long ago, too. A friend of mine and I were horsing around with our wings, doing really low passes, and he screamed "watch out!" as I saw his two-pound flying wing heading right for my head. I ducked.

Well, I had my C in a very low, tight, fast banked turn at that time and heard the disheartening "whump". The battery smashed through the foam to the nose cone (it was still OK though!), and things were tweaked. The one wing is still a bit bent, requiring slight trim changes for different throttle settings, but otherwise she still flies great. Tough bird, and I have a spare fuselage sitting in my garage for the next time I plow her in!

gwong
03-30-2007, 06:47 AM
A friend of mine was flying his F27C at WOT when I turned on my JR6102 (Ch 16). It glitched his PZ (Ch 50) Tx. The F27C went about 75% of WOT into a brick wall. Luckily the plane hit flat belly first. The only damage was a broken nose. We did a test and when I point my JR6102 towards his PZ Tx, it would cause glitching. Next time out he was having a great time when he flew into a very tall tree. No way to get it down he thought. Well he accidently bumped the throttle and the prop cut away a few branches and Stryker fall a few feet...after a few more bumps on the throttle the prop acting like a chain saw...he was able to get the plane down. Only damage was a separated wing.

He took out the motor, esc and give the rest to me. After a few months of the parts in a box. I dug it out and rebuilt it.

Glad to say, I have had about 10 flights and she flies like it's fresh out of the box.

One great and tough plane.

Gord.

Balil
05-06-2007, 04:39 AM
i nosed down my stryker today from about 100' at full throttle. i was doing a huge dive when i tried to pull up i stripped a servo, WHAM lawn dart at 80+ mph. spent 10 minutes looking for the motor and mount, after i found it foam still attached between the mount pieces, a little epoxy, a fresh paint job and a new nose that i gotta go pick up tomorrow and she'll be good as new :D

xuzme720
05-11-2007, 11:42 PM
wow! ::onow that's my kind of plane!

joffen
06-08-2007, 08:42 AM
I'm still learning to fly my stryker B, it's a lot of fun when I'm airborne but too bad that's not very often....spends much time on the ground fiddling with duct tape :p But the fuse can take a beating, twice I've lost the bird in the sun and thought "might as well pull up to be sure I don't crash". But I'm a noob at RC flying, so the plane was not level when i pulled up. Long story short, I crashed upside down from maybe 60' at WOT with about 45degrees angle both times. Broke the rear mount for the fins, the nose and the first 5-6inches of the fuse itself was reduced to so many pieces I couldn't find all of them...But I had brought my loved duct tape, brought the remaining junk together, and up she went after less than 10 minutes. Nose darted the ground one minute later, of course...

JPCFILMS
07-21-2007, 08:11 AM
I've Hit The Ground Full Speed With My Mod Striker27c. I Broke Out With The Hot Glue And I Was Flying In An Hour.this Is One Tough Plane. IF YOU WANT TO SEE SOME GOOD FLYING AND CRASHING CLICK TO MY LINK TO MY SITES

THANKS

http://www.broadcaster.com/profile/JPCFILMS
http://www.youtube.com/JPCLIMITED (http://www.youtube.com/JPCLIMITED)