PDA

View Full Version : Warbirds/Scale Aircraft

Kiwi
01-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Can some one tell me why there are seperate forums for scale aircraft and for warbirds?
If a warbird isn't scale what is it?
Looking at this scale forum I see lots of warbirds.
If you build a military aircraft but finish it in a civilian scheme is a warbird or scale??(or the other way round)

Enquiring minds want to know.

NM

rea59
01-06-2007, 01:15 PM

NM

Me too! And I'm building a warbird, posted here on a scale forum.:D

raptor-9
01-29-2007, 11:03 PM
scale is scale,warbirds or not.
warbirds can be,scale,semi scale,fun scale,profile scale,combat scale...etc..etc..
if you finish it with civilian markings;it will be civilian..i.e.DC3-dakota(c-47gunship);Boieng747 (air force one)......etc...etc...
hope this helps!

Gnascher
01-29-2007, 11:18 PM
Can some one tell me why there are seperate forums for scale aircraft and for warbirds?
If a warbird isn't scale what is it?
Looking at this scale forum I see lots of warbirds.
If you build a military aircraft but finish it in a civilian scheme is a warbird or scale??(or the other way round)

NM

"Scale" in its strict definition means that the single driving concern is that the final product is as close to a direct scale representation as possible.

"Warbirds" can of course be strict to scale, and in that case you could consider them as a sub-genre of "scale".

However, in the "real world", many fliers just want something that "represents" the real plane and don't care that every rivet and access port is true to scale. Many concessions are often given for flyability, durability and ease of use in day to day flying.

raptor-9
01-30-2007, 12:04 AM
"Scale" in its strict definition means that the single driving concern is that the final product is as close to a direct scale representation as possible.

"Warbirds" can of course be strict to scale, and in that case you could consider them as a sub-genre of "scale".

However, in the "real world", many fliers just want something that "represents" the real plane and don't care that every rivet and access port is true to scale. Many concessions are often given for flyability, durability and ease of use in day to day flying.

well said Gnascher,very good!

But,if you are in a scale competion,you must be in the "real world"in both static & flying to win! (militry or civilian)
A civilian aircraft is one thing; militry another,warbirds are classified with the militry-and scale is the"real world"-i think this is what kIWI wants to know.