PDA

View Full Version : ESC problems after Software update

wildbob
01-06-2007, 03:52 PM
I updated the firmware and software on Phoenix 35 and a new 45 ESC. Now they will not arm the motor with a Berg G 6 III receiver. The Phoenix 35 was working with the Berg for the last year. The Berg Receiver works in other Phoenix ESC's that have not had the firmware or software upgrade. Tried going back to the old versions but ESC's will not accept them. Anyone else had this problem?

wildbob
01-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Just got the Phoenix 35 and 45 ESC's to work with the Berg G 6 III receiver. Had to remove the Castle Link software from my computer and reboot. Then downloaded the Castle Link software again and then I was able to reload the older versions of the Firmware. Found that Version 1.51 Beta was the last Firmware that would work with the Berg G 6 III receiver. It's now up and running fine. :D

Larry3215
01-07-2007, 06:00 AM
Have you tried adjusting the end points on your Txs? I forget which way it needs to go, but others have reported needing to change end points to get them to arm.

Not everyone has this issue. I have had no problems for example.

Larry

wildbob
01-07-2007, 12:21 PM
End point adjustment had no effect as the ESC would not even recognize that anything was attached by giving a tone when the battery was plugged in. There is something wrong in the last two Rev's of the firmwareas when I went back to Rev 1.51 everything started working properly.

Larry3215
01-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Interesting. I hadnt heard that problem before.

So it seems to be a problem with the older Berg 6's? Have you heard anything about the older 5's?

I traded all my older bergs in on new 7's. Heck of a great deal they are ofering on the trade-in.

I know a couple of folks still useing old 6's tho, so I'll pass along the news.

Larry