View Full Version : Glow To Electric
09-28-2005, 06:26 PM
I have a Herr Little Extra with an OS .10LA on it right now, and love the performance, but only get seven minute flights.:( A bigger tank would require cutting the formers, which I do not want to do.:mad: I would like to go electric, but have no experience with it.:eek: My goal is to keep the same level of performance and increase flight time to around twenty minutes. What motor, ESC, and battery?:confused: Please help!:D
09-28-2005, 08:53 PM
Welcome to the biggest, little electric club in the world:D What does it weigh? And can anything be done to lighten it.? I have the Herr Pitts with an OS 12 that I would love to electrify but it's just to heavy.
09-28-2005, 08:58 PM
10-01-2005, 08:57 PM
The Herr Engineering add calls for a Himaxx 2815-1400 bushless motor, speed control, 3 cell 11.1v 1500-2100 mah lipo battery, apc 8x4E prop, mxacc314 motor mount.
Himax HB2815 series brushless motors - Speed 400/480 replacement!
• Designed as direct replacement for Speed 400/480 can motors - same diameter & mounting pattern,
• Direct replacement for Mega16/15 and Aveox27/13,
• Higher power & higher efficiency than 400/480 motor means longer run time and more fun,
• Slotted high torque design, can be used as direct drive or with gearbox - fits MPI ACC387 offset gear box,
• For electric planes under 28oz with direct drive or 36oz with gearbox,
• For Speed 400 direct drive application - use HB2815-3000 or HB2815-2000.
Rating KV Rm lo Power Rating Sale Stock Status
HB2815-1400 27 38
86 1/8" na 15 A 1400 .125 0.6 275
This is just to give you an idea of where you would be going cost wise. This would be a nice flying machine I'm sure.
Here is the site for the Himaxx motors. They have the other items listed and you can do a cost survey.
vBulletin® v3.8.3, Copyright ©2000-2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.