PDA

View Full Version : Easy Star Questions

Jatkiss
09-29-2005, 03:06 AM
I have three questions that I had a hard time determining while putting together the Easystar. I just want to verify them with you guys who have them.

First,

I don't see anywhere on the instructions that says to glue the wings into place. They fit VERY snug, and the plane would probably fly just fine without gluing...but something is telling me this can't be right. Am I correct in this ?

Second,

I understand that there are two sleeves (shrink tubing is what the directions call it). Am I supposed to actually shrink the smaller tubing on the control cable (with a heat gun)or am I supposed to just let it sit loose?

Third,

I just want to confirm that basically the plane works by bending the rudder and the elevator controls, no cutting, or extra parts needed...I have put together a couple other planes and there always seems to be moving parts. Just want to confirm this one.

Thanks guys for putting up with the newbie questions !!! Just want to get this one in the air.

- Jeff

Just wanted to confirm

stanlazi
09-29-2005, 06:14 AM
I have had several Easy Stars. Do not glue the wings. They come out when you crash
and believe me you will. do not glue the tubes - the plane will fly just fine by bending the rudder and elevator.
Good Luck, you have the best starter plane around

Twmaster
09-29-2005, 02:11 PM
And to add a me too. Don't glue the wings. Don't shrink the tube and do let the elevator and rudder do their thing! :)

Jatkiss
09-29-2005, 06:38 PM
WHOOT !! Excellent. Just wanted to make sure I was building it right...heheh the Easy Star is a bit easier from the flat outs reflection I have already built...so I just wanted to make sure it was this simple and not any more than that.

Ohh one last thing. Those of you that have Easy Stars...could you take a picture of the propeller assembly for me. I really would like to make sure I attach it right. Haven't used the 5 minute epoxy yet...and want to make sure I attach this thing right.

- Jeff

Greg Covey
09-29-2005, 11:57 PM
Jeff, When viewing the plane from behind, the raised lettering on the prop should be showing. In other words, the raised lettering on the prop faces the rear of the plane. Also, the prop should spin clockwise when viewed from the rear of the plane. Good luck!

Jatkiss
09-30-2005, 03:04 AM
Thanks so much Greg !!

- Jeff

Jatkiss
10-01-2005, 01:25 AM
Man,

I went out to fly today and the wind was a bit high. It's all done...just have to get the right conditions now =- )

- Jeff