PDA

View Full Version : Post your trigger techniques

pace_likethesalsa
09-29-2005, 06:29 AM
Homemade plans for triggers... put them here for the rest of us to learn off of

Anything from digital timers wired to cameras to mechanical timers which push the button. Or a mixture of the two (digital delay based solenoid?)

Commander_Drake
09-29-2005, 09:23 PM
I use a micro servo like the HS-55 with the arm cut down a bit and double sided servo tape to attach the servo right to the camera near the trigger button. I hook the servo lead to one of the unused channels in my receiver (landing gear, flaps etc.) then adjust the throws to work properly and up I go.

daniedb
02-20-2006, 01:28 PM
Just read the post.

My Video cam has a Remote with it. First I use to have servo's trigger the remote. also mounted on the Plane.

New technology!!!
I've read the signal from the Infra Red led into a Scope. Simulate the Signals and then Program a PIC12509A to simulate the signals.
So now I have a small PIC with one lead into my Receiver. My left stick Left trigger, Right Select Video/Camera.
Up down, Is Zoom In / Out.

Never had a Fail with this setup. Only lost a Few PIC's with the programming

Cheers
Danie

bhchan
02-21-2006, 05:53 AM
I use the Prism switch. Infra red remote emulator for the camera. Only works on few makes of cameras. see here http://www.hexpertsystems.com/prism

Brian

daniedb
02-21-2006, 06:41 AM
If anyone interested, I'm willing to post the HEX code for the PIC. All you need to do is change the code for the Pulsing of the Infra red signal to your cameras Signal. THe receiver code will work with all types os Receivers. Only one Pice to change for Neg/pos receiver triggering.

Cheers
Danie