PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys use to get videos from camcorder to the PC

EpoweredRc
09-29-2005, 08:23 PM
Okay guys I see allot of videos on here and I know you have to be using some kind of device to get the video from your cam recorder to the PC what do you use?

I only have short videos of mine cause my camera does them and it has a usb 2.0 port cord to transfer easy as pie. But what do you guys with the long 4-5-10 minute videos use?

I been looking and found a product called Dazzle it hooks up to the USB port and you hook your cam recorder into it and transfer but I'm not sure if it is really that easy. i would like to hear from you guys on how you do it. thanks allot.

Oh I am running windows ME right now also.

Thanks

John Seidelman
09-29-2005, 09:08 PM
I have an older Dazzle 80 and it is pretty easy to transfer things to disk. I have Done some of my old Video tapes to DVD and send them off to the rest of my family.

EpoweredRc
09-29-2005, 09:13 PM
I have an older Dazzle 80 and it is pretty easy to transfer things to disk. I have Done some of my old Video tapes to DVD and send them off to the rest of my family.

So do you just hook up the vcr or cam recorder and tell it to tranfer and it tranfer to mpeg's or mpg or whatever you chose? how long does it take. I know some takes forever.

John Seidelman
09-29-2005, 11:34 PM
If you want to copy the Vid Tape it takes as long as the tape plays. Then you can go in and edit. Then after you can save to your media. Kinda easy once you get into it.

EpoweredRc
09-29-2005, 11:40 PM
If you want to copy the Vid Tape it takes as long as the tape plays. Then you can go in and edit. Then after you can save to your media. Kinda easy once you get into it.

but how do you get it from the camera to the computor? I mean my computor doesnt have a place to plug a Yellow Rca input.so what kind of device do you use? I am askign cause i need to find some way to do this.

John Seidelman
09-29-2005, 11:52 PM
The Dazzle has the plug ins for your Cam or VCR. Then you just edit or what ever you like. With the Dazzle you can also add your own sound tracks, or overdub.

EpoweredRc
09-30-2005, 12:10 AM
The Dazzle has the plug ins for your Cam or VCR. Then you just edit or what ever you like. With the Dazzle you can also add your own sound tracks, or overdub.

Oh I'm sorry, I thought I had replied to another topic going on about video stuff, I didn't realize you was the dude with dazzle. so what format can you save tot he computer in ? mpg? or mpg? or what?

Here is the site I found with the dazzle

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/Home+Video/Dazzle/?dz=1

Do you think the $79.00 one would work for what I want to do?

ForestCam
09-30-2005, 12:34 AM
Get yourself a cheap TV card that has video input, hook the camcorder to that and get an RCA to earphone jack adapter and plug the sound from the camcorder into the input on your sound card.

I've got this one,
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=SBT-TVFM&cpc=SCH&srm=0
http://www.geeks.com/imageshare/s/150x150/sbt-tvfm-unit.gifhttp://www.geeks.com/imageshare/s/150x150/sbt-tvfm-box.gif

$28 + shipping

Jason T
10-19-2005, 05:16 AM
My video camera is a Sony Hi-8 and I use the Plextor Convert X model PX-M401U to capture video from the camera to my PC. Seems to work pretty well.

EpoweredRc
10-20-2005, 05:00 PM
My video camera is a Sony Hi-8 and I use the Plextor Convert X model PX-M401U to capture video from the camera to my PC. Seems to work pretty well.

This the one you got ?
http://www.videoguys.com/convertx.html

Where did you get yours from? I only ask since I know your in ATL. I'm in Paulding. That looks like what I need. it had the inputs for the RCA type plug from video camera to the unit right, then usb 2.0 to the computer? nothing to go inside of the computer right.What windows are you ruining ? I have ME.
Thanks

Jason T
10-20-2005, 07:57 PM
That's it. Looks like its slightly newer than mine. I think I got mine at Unityelectronics.com. Yes, mine has the RCA inputs on the front and connects to the computer via USB2. My computer was not new enough to have USB2 so I added a PCI USB2 card and it works fine. My O/S is Windows XP Pro.

Tony C
06-06-2009, 03:00 AM
Avermedia PCI capture card

decolvin
06-06-2009, 04:49 AM
F4F, What camera (Brand & Model ) are you shooting your videos with?

Sparky Paul
06-06-2009, 05:51 PM
I use Dazzle, and my HP printer have card ports for all the common camera cards.

kyleservicetech
06-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Now that you have the video into your PC, what software do you use to create a DVD??? ????

Well, I downloaded Corel Ulead Video Studio VR11 Plus last year for making a DVD from vacation pictures and video clips. :tc:

This software allows you to intermix snap shots and video clips, add your own sound track from CD's or what ever. It takes a little learning, but the results are well worth while.
:D
You can download a demo program fully operational with the usual stuff to make you buy the program. If you do, be certain to download the free manual from the same site.

Note that this program requires a fast PC to compile a DVD. :<: My old PC had 750 MB of memory, and 1.2 Ghz processor. That took 11 hours to compile a DVD. :( New PC runs at 2.6 Ghz, with 2 Gb of memory, compiles the same DVD in about 90 minutes.
Just one persons input.

Sabrehawk
06-06-2009, 09:11 PM
You fellas realize of course this thread is 5yrs old right?

Well since it's here, and so am I. Why dont ya's simply use what Windows XP already has..............movie maker.;-)
And besides if you have a DVD RW drive, the software that came with it can burn to DVD, CD's ect.

kyleservicetech
06-06-2009, 09:29 PM
saberhawk
Tried the xP movie maker, Video Movie Maker is far superior.

EpoweredRc
06-07-2009, 04:10 AM
You fellas realize of course this thread is 5yrs old right?

Well since it's here, and so am I. Why dont ya's simply use what Windows XP already has..............movie maker.;-)
And besides if you have a DVD RW drive, the software that came with it can burn to DVD, CD's ect.

LOL I was thinking same thing WOW someone bumped a OLD thread of mine I now use a Apitek camera with card so no problems