PDA

View Full Version : House of Balsa FW190

scalercflyer
09-30-2005, 12:55 AM
Greetings All! I purchashed ($25.00 :D ) a HOB FW190 and would like to convert it to electric. Any ideas? :confused: I'm not sure about how to approach this. Outrunner or geared? Li-Pol of NiMH? Has anyone converted any of these Warbirds to electric? Thanks in advance for your answers. :p Martin

Walt Thyng
09-30-2005, 03:06 PM
Scalercflyer,
this oughta be fun. I've got one also (got it in payment for building the HOB Chipmunk). Since I don't own any small brushless motors I was thinking of going with an out runner just because the HOB 190 is a round engined version. I'm thinking of leaving any landing ear off and just hand launch to save weight .
Walt

rcers
09-30-2005, 03:11 PM
Scalercflyer,
this oughta be fun. I've got one also (got it in payment for building the HOB Chipmunk). Since I don't own any small brushless motors I was thinking of going with an out runner just because the HOB 190 is a round engined version. I'm thinking of leaving any landing ear off and just hand launch to save weight .
Walt

Walt I think you have the right idea.

I would drop the landing gear and keep it light. Use a Hacker a20-20/22l motor and prop for 15 amps. 3s Lipoly and 18oz it should fly fantastic!

Even at 20 or 22oz you would be ok.....

Mike