PDA

View Full Version : aint that just the way? weather rant:

Bgnome
01-15-2007, 06:54 PM
so.. as many of you may know.. especailly those on the east coast.. its been a very MILD winter out here.

my sincere condolancies to those in denver and the heartland...

in any case, here in richmond this past weekend gave us mid 70's in the middle of january.. yesterday being particualry lovely if you happened to be a thumb pilot as it was mild, sunny, and a light breeze.
it sucked however if you are a thumb pilot and you work the weekend shift at a small craft brewery and are stuck in the caves all day long.

now while the pub did a $4000 food sale day thanks to the giant patio over looking the skyline.. and all the boatpeople ( sailboaters ) were gloating about sailing in january and wearing shorts and shortsleeves.. I was in the dank caves cursing the infernal skys at my perdicerment.
it would've been a perfect day to have my SLowstick floating around, or testing my modded slo-V

well.. theres always monday right? my day off...calling for 73 degrees, partly sunny and... 20-30mph winds from the SW!!??
tuesday, my other day off to be rainy, over cast and in the upper 40's!?!

blah

oh well..

back to the simulator

Grasshopper
01-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Trade ya.

aviatordave
01-15-2007, 09:14 PM
well.. theres always monday right? my day off...calling for 73 degrees, partly sunny and... 20-30mph winds from the SW!!??
tuesday, my other day off to be rainy, over cast and in the upper 40's!?!

blah

oh well..

back to the simulator

Buy a wing...they like that kind of wind...

And I will trade you as well!

(my 4 wheel drive gave out on my Ford Expedition - some sensor somewhere :confused: . We got about 4-6 inches of snow last night.....Expeditions really suck in the snow with just 2 wheel drive!)

Bgnome
01-16-2007, 05:34 AM
I know.. i can't really complagn about the mildness in the weather that I'm experiencing..
just the timing.
y'know.. the "damn! I could be flying today!" thing
and unfortunatly.. my current hanger is filled with floaties.. the only thing I could really yank out and toss up at the moment is the modded slo-V. I couldn't hope to fly that guy in the winds we had today here myself..

I think the biggest issue is that we're in january! this is building season! not flying season! dang it mild weather! you've caught me all akimbo! *shakes fist at sky*.
Its more of a rant about lost oppertunities due to unforseen circumstances.

though.. I must say.. I was model hunting for FMS today, and I found this acrobatic trainer that is probably the best thing I can compare to the Durastick conversion I'm working on
and this thing has some damn good authority! now.. to figure out how to make it look like a philkraft ugly stik:D

the bottom is getting ready to drop out around here so I'm going to be chilly in a couple of hours..
the rest of y'all Stay warm!