PDA

View Full Version : Flight time

wbmfishman
09-30-2005, 04:54 PM
How do you figure out how much flight time you have with a particular battery??? how do you figure out the right battery for motor???

flyranger
09-30-2005, 06:01 PM
I found that I needed a wattmeter to know what my battery pack was capable of and how much current my motor was drawing at full throttle. Changing different prop sizes also changes the current draw. I have my Lil' Poke running on a e-flite Park 400 outrunner (no gearbox) at about 9 amps with a 10x4.7 APC prop. I am a "relaxed" flyer and limit the amount of full open throttle. I get about 20 minutes on a cheapbatterypack.com 1150mA 7 cell Nimh.

GeraldRosebery
09-30-2005, 09:42 PM
How do you figure out how much flight time you have with a particular battery??? how do you figure out the right battery for motor???

Motocalc can give you some guidance, but get and use a wattmeter ($50) and do some simple math. For example: If you have 3000 mah (3 amp-hours) packs and on average you draw 10 amps, you will use that up in 3/10 x 60 = 18 minutes. It's hard to get the average current draw but it will give you a good idea.