PDA

View Full Version : video game consoles

redneckflyer
01-18-2007, 04:19 AM
okay what is your faviorite one?

redneckflyer
01-18-2007, 04:26 AM
OH! i forgot if you like something else better like older systems or something, just post what it is. im eager to find out what it is.

Alex

Hitch
01-18-2007, 02:19 PM
Oh, my favorite one? Oops :) Guess I should read it before I vote. haha. I voted for the ones I have.

PerlAddict
01-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Gotta say, I was really skeptical about the Wii, but now that they're out and I've got one, it's the most fun I've had with a gaming system by far (aside from the PC ... I still prefer PC gaming the most, but that's not a console, so I digress :D )

trogdor
01-18-2007, 07:56 PM
I want a ps3, 360 and Wii but I voted SNES because its 15 years old and I still play it, not sure I can say that about my ps2 in a few years...

Tinman
01-18-2007, 11:42 PM
I went for the WII, dont have one (yet :) ) but they sure are fun, and easy to use!!

Havent tried the PS3 yet, its a little out of my price range anyways....

WII for me!!

redneckflyer
01-19-2007, 05:57 PM
I want a ps3, 360 and Wii but I voted SNES because its 15 years old and I still play it, not sure I can say that about my ps2 in a few years... im the same way! you cant beat the classics!:cool:

Tinman
01-19-2007, 05:59 PM
I like to original NES!!! Some good times i've had playing that! Ohhh the memories!

redneckflyer
01-19-2007, 06:01 PM
I like to original NES!!! Some good times i've had playing that! Ohhh the memories!cool!

Tinman
01-19-2007, 06:12 PM
I dont think my original NES works anymore, its in my mom's attic, ill have to see if i can get one on E-Bay!

Hitch
01-19-2007, 06:36 PM
The Wii has a virtual console - where you can download some of the old NES, Super NES, N64, and Sega Genesis games and play them on the Wii. The games are still very limited, but they are releasing games all the time.

My Wii just came last night and my body is physically sore today from playing it last night, haha. Its the most fun Ive had with a console - and still only have Wii Sports - the game it came with. HIGHLY recommend it for anyone that can find one!!

Tinman
01-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Sweet Hitch!!!

Hey do the have the original Super Mario Brothers for download?

Hitch
01-19-2007, 07:35 PM
Yup! The orignal one is there. Im waiting for 2 and 3 to come out. cant wait for Mario Kart for the SNES also :)

Tinman
01-19-2007, 07:39 PM
How do you download the game, (sorryfor all the questions)

do you just need a regular internet connection? Will dial up work?

thanks buddy!

PerlAddict
01-19-2007, 09:34 PM
To download a game, you either log in and purchase Wii Points ($1 = 100 points) through the Wii itself, or you can buy point cards in the store (good for people without credit/check cards).

You then browse the Wii shop and click the games you want to download. Most games are between 500 to 1200 points, I think (so $5 to $12 ... it ain't the cheapest).

You need wireless internet to get online with the Wii by default. If you don't have wireless internet, you'll have to get an adapter to hook it up via a normal ethernet connection (I don't know if the adapater is on sale yet. It might be). I haven't read anything about hooking up via a standard phone line, so I don't know. If someone makes an adapter, then I would imagine you could, but I haven't seen any such adapter.

And both "Mario Bros." and "Super Mario Bros." games are out, if you enjoyed the old versus gameplay of the original Mario Bros. That's the only one we've downloaded so far.

I'm just waiting for online gameplay (supposed to be coming the 2nd quarter of 2007) and Mario Kart to be made for the Wii as an online game (which the Nintendo of America head honcho seems to agree would be awesome, as well, so here's hoping!).

http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=6107

Tinman
01-19-2007, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the info Dave, sounds sweet!!

Yeah I love the original Mario Bros!!