PDA

View Full Version : Eflite outrunners backwards???

WWI Ace
10-01-2005, 09:00 PM
Can I turn the prop shaft around in the motors so that they mount from the front of the motor and not the back? If so, what is the procedure for doing this?

watt_the?!
10-02-2005, 10:44 AM
mate, most outrunners allow this, but employ various methods. Most likely a grub screw to locate the static part.

best to fire eflight an email me thinks for the exact procedure- doesnt it have it in the docs?

Tim.

WWI Ace
10-02-2005, 07:55 PM
Hey WATT! Nothing in the instructions that I can find about this.

WWI Ace
10-08-2005, 10:47 PM
Got a reply from Horizon Hobby About this. They said to loosen the setscrew and just push the propshaft through. Not as easy as it sounds!! Tried to push it through but have been unsuccessful so far. Thinking about taking it to work, (I am a machinist),and try to press it through on a lathe. Only problem is I'm afraid I might break something! Oh bother!! As Winnie the Pooh says.

twostrokin1
10-14-2005, 10:49 AM
I just got the eflite brushless out runner. It had the info to do this on my sheet... it tells you to take the retainer clip first then the grub screw.and push the shaft to the other side.your right the shaft is hard to push with fingers....... Ill tell you what i did and it worked great. first take the grub screw out then i put a 9/16 socket on the back of the motor , placed the motor shaft to the floor(bathroom tile floor) and tapped the socket with a hammer (gently) it will slide right thru. after that i pulled the retaining clip and washer off you wont need them anymore with the motor like this ...then i placed the grub screw back ,,,be sure u tighten the grub screw on the flat part of the shaft.................hope this helps

TorqueKing
10-16-2005, 12:15 PM
Hi, ive actually come across the same problem with my Himark Outrunner.
But WW1 Ace i dont understand why you are calling it backwards,
because the Himark I have mounts from the front, and am wanting it to mount from the back.
Also just wondering if i could use the same method as you suggested for the Eflight Outrunner?