PDA

View Full Version : Coffe Cup

Tinman
01-22-2007, 06:06 PM
I got this thermal coffe cup thingy.

I put hot coffe in it..... and it keeps it warm,

And then I put ice tea in it and it keeps it cool?

My question is....

How does it know?

firemanbill
01-22-2007, 07:09 PM

My question is....

How does it know?

I got one of those for christmas also but mine did not work.

First day I used it I put a popsicle and coffee in it. The coffe got cold and the popsicle melted. :( ;)

Tinman
01-22-2007, 07:11 PM
Ohhh yeah???

I dont think mine is smart enough to handle popsicles and coffec at the same time.. It just keeps what is in it cold or hot...

:)

gsk11740
01-22-2007, 07:14 PM
I got one of those for christmas also but mine did not work.

First day I used it I put a popsicle and coffee in it. The coffe got cold and the popsicle melted. :( ;)

Sure this doesn't go in the "Humor" section? :D I sure am laughing!

Tinman
01-22-2007, 07:16 PM
Its not very humorus to me...

Its a scientific marvel!!!!

gsk11740
01-22-2007, 07:40 PM
Its not very humorus to me...

Its a scientific marvel!!!!

I meant Bill's comment. Yeah, I'd be curious to know how they work too. For me, coffee never stays around long enough to get cold.

Tinman
01-22-2007, 07:44 PM
Yeah me either, I drink a pot a day :(

Im sure thats really helathy..

gsk11740
01-22-2007, 07:59 PM
My morning "Wake-up juice":

11oz Espresso (not sure how many shots that is) and 11oz Hot Chocolate in a 22oz mug.

Drink and then shake well! :D

(Some mornings it takes two mugs of this stuff! :eek: )

Tinman
01-22-2007, 08:02 PM
You should call it AVGAS! :)

gsk11740
01-22-2007, 08:05 PM
You should call it AVGAS! :)

More like Nitro! (as in the Glycerin variety)

Tinman
01-22-2007, 08:09 PM
I use to work as a crop duster in Gerogia.... I would have to wake up around 4:30 to preflight and load up the hopper in the plane, I use to carry a thermus full of coffe with me.

Everytime I landed to get more fertilizer I would have to "relieve" my self on the taxi way haha

BUT it keeps you awake!!! Well worth it!

Grasshopper
01-22-2007, 08:16 PM
I use to work as a crop duster in Gerogia.... I would have to wake up around 4:30 to preflight and load up the hopper in the plane, I use to carry a thermus full of coffe with me.

Everytime I landed to get more fertilizer I would have to "relieve" my self on the taxi way haha

I would think that staying awake while flying a plane would be a real benifit.

Tinman
01-22-2007, 08:18 PM
Yes sir it is!

gsk11740
01-22-2007, 08:18 PM
I would think that staying awake while flying a plane would be a real benifit.

I couldn't agree more!

firemanbill
01-22-2007, 10:00 PM
Ohhh yeah???

I dont think mine is smart enough to handle popsicles and coffec at the same time.. It just keeps what is in it cold or hot...

You're not supposed to put 'em both in at the same time???:rolleyes:

Wellll now... that expains a lot!

Tinman
01-22-2007, 10:24 PM
You're not supposed to put 'em both in at the same time???:rolleyes:

Wellll now... that expains a lot!

Maybe someday...... with enough technology advances there wil be a cup that can do that....

TLyttle
01-23-2007, 02:28 AM
Okay, I'll bite: to what end would this technology benefit society? Sounds kinda pointless...

Airhead
01-23-2007, 02:39 AM
I like coffee!:)

gsk11740
01-23-2007, 01:13 PM
I like coffee!:)

So do I! Hmmm, wait a minute. Why won't my keyboard stay still? The whole desk is shaking! Are we having an earthquake? :eek:

Tinman
01-23-2007, 02:35 PM
The letters on my key borad chnage plcaes on me, it makes it very hrad to tpye..

Airhead
01-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Me thinks my keyboard has the same problem!!:eek:

Tinman
01-24-2007, 06:49 PM
I wish I could just talk out loud and the typing would appear on the screen.

That would be great!

gsk11740
01-24-2007, 06:53 PM
I wish I could just talk out loud and the typing would appear on the screen.

That would be great!

Suddenly, I seem to have this picture in my mind of "Scotty" talking into the mouse of a Mac in that Star Trek movie! "Oh, Computer?" :D

Tinman
01-24-2007, 07:17 PM
Suddenly, I seem to have this picture in my mind of "Scotty" talking into the mouse of a Mac in that Star Trek movie! "Oh, Computer?" :D
haha!

Airhead
01-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Well you guys,
I'm off to our anniversary dinner with my wife. We're going to Olive Garden.. Woohooo!
But I'll gladly have a cup of coffee in your honor...HeHe
See ya later..:p

Tinman
01-28-2007, 07:33 PM
I love the Olive Garden!! Happy Aniversery!!

firemanbill
01-28-2007, 07:48 PM
Happy Anniversary! :D

Airhead
02-01-2007, 04:37 AM
Thanks you guys...

That is really appreciated..:)
Imagine my Wife, putting up with me for all these years..;)

mteeb
02-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Congrats, Airhead.

But I think we're forgetting Tinman's very important question.

The cup doesn't "know" anything actually it's the little gremlins (no not the car) that live in the plastic that do all the work.

I think I need a cup of coffee.

Tinman
02-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Gremlins? Now it all makes sense to me. Maybe there are Hot Gremlins and Cold Gremlins...

If Coffe comes into the cup the hot ones go to work while to cold ones get the day off? :D

gsk11740
02-01-2007, 09:41 PM
Congrats, Airhead.

The cup doesn't "know" anything actually it's the little gremlins (no not the car) that live in the plastic that do all the work.

I think I need a cup of coffee.

Hey, what's wrong with the car? I liked those things! :D (almost bought one that had a 390 AMX motor stuffed in it - can you say NASTY Gremlin?)

Tinman
02-01-2007, 09:45 PM
Hey, what's wrong with the car? I liked those things! :D (almost bought one that had a 390 AMX motor stuffed in it - can you say NASTY Gremlin?)

Nothin wrong with a Gremlin! My aunt had one!

Rabbitcreekok
02-01-2007, 09:50 PM
Congrats, Airhead.

Could it be the Keebler Elves moonlighting for the cup people?

Tinman
02-01-2007, 10:00 PM
I love the Keebler Elves!

Pretty sweet gig, live in a tree and make cookies and stuff! I would like to be the bossman though, the guy with the red hat!

gsk11740
02-01-2007, 10:14 PM
Gremlins? Keebler Elves? Hollow trees?

I'm not sure if we need more coffee or if we've had too much! Or maybe some of us are drinking Irish coffee? ;)

Tinman
02-01-2007, 10:31 PM
Yep maybe we should lay off the coffee. Actually I didn't have any coffee today, but I did have three Dr. Peppers. The coffee here at work is like drinking mud.... but at least its free mud.

I would like to talk about RC Flying but I can't really contribute to much.. haha my Super Cub is sitting in the box in my dinning room (I know I tell everyone that al day long on here) Its really killing me! :( I have maybe a half an hour glow time on my friends RC plane... darn :D

gsk11740
02-01-2007, 10:43 PM
I would like to talk about RC Flying but I can't really contribute to much.. haha my Super Cub is sitting in the box in my dinning room (I know I tell everyone that al day long on here) Its really killing me! :( I have maybe a half an hour glow time on my friends RC plane... darn :D

I've reached a point of "mental burnout" where I can't seem to say much of anything intelligent. I found myself making a reply to a post and rambling about having "fat fingers and arthritis" (or some nonsense like that) and can't work on little planes. I read it 20 minutes after I posted it and decided I really need to do something else and get off this forum for a while. Of course, where am I? Sitting right here rambling away on this website again! :rolleyes:

I think it's time to unplug the computer for today! (but I know I won't)

Tinman
02-01-2007, 10:45 PM
i hear that Gary,

Problem is im on here all day at work! So at least im getting paid to ramble on. The way I see it is the more im at work the more money I get paid, and whats left after the mortgage bills, stuff like that is airplane money!!

Rugar
02-01-2007, 11:00 PM
I've reached a point of "mental burnout" where I can't seem to say much of anything intelligent. I found myself making a reply to a post and rambling about having "fat fingers and arthritis" (or some nonsense like that) and can't work on little planes. I read it 20 minutes after I posted it and decided I really need to do something else and get off this forum for a while. Of course, where am I? Sitting right here rambling away on this website again! :rolleyes:

I think it's time to unplug the computer for today! (but I know I won't)

If it would help, I could always ban you for a few days. :D

Rabbitcreekok
02-01-2007, 11:03 PM

What did you fly?

I grew up around Stearmans. My dad started an aerial application service (read crop duster because they used sulphur dust) just after the war as in WWII for the younger WattFlyers. He had to build his own dusters and sprayers from scratch. He had about 25 operating from Canada to Nicaragua and Arizona to Mississippi.

I would guess you flew something a little more modern. He also used Super Cubs, Champions and a few Ag Cats. He and Leland Snow were good friends but he never used a Snow. I think he had a Pawnee and an Ag Truck in there also.

I learned to fly in a J-3 and the Champion.

Now they use turbines and carry 600 gallons. Really changed.

Tinman
02-01-2007, 11:16 PM
Cool Jim thats really awesome about your Dad!! I dont have any Stearman time.

I trained in SuperCubs. Got good at them in the feilds and then flew the Pawnee in REALLY tight fields and also Airtractors, the one I flew had a 600 horsepower Pratt and Whit engine. Never did the turbine transition.

I was going to crop dust for a living, but only lasted one season dusting cotton and peanuts in Bainbridge Georgia. I also taught in Citabrias down there :) It was really tough flying and my hats off to all the dusters. Flying under power lines a couple feet off the ground got me a little stressed out, I also witnessed a few crashes...I got burned out really fast.

Right now I teach as a CFI up here in Western PA. I have the little Cessna in my avatar. I officially hung up my helmet two years ago.

Thats really awesome your Dad made his own dusters! Gotto love the STEARMANS!

Rabbitcreekok
02-01-2007, 11:32 PM

I trained in SuperCubs. Got good at them in the feilds and then flew the Pawnee in REALLY tight fields and also Airtractors, the one I flew had a 600 horsepower Pratt and Whit engine. Never did the turbine transition.

I was going to crop dust for a living, but only lasted one season dusting cotton and peanuts in Bainbridge Georgia. I also taught in Citabrias down there :) It was really tough flying and my hats off to all the dusters. Flying under power lines a couple feet off the ground got me a little stressed out, I also witnessed a few crashes...I got burned out really fast.

Right now I teach as a CFI up here in Western PA. I have the little Cessna in my avatar. I officially hung up my helmet two years ago.

My Dad tried the 600 hp radial in a Stearman but it was not a good deal. They burn half again as much avgas per hour as the 450 and you can't carry any more load because you are limited by the fuselage size. The most you can squeeze in is a 220 gallon tank.

The Champion I flew was the one between the old Champ and the Citabria. It flew great but was not aerobatic. Wish I still had it. Also used to have a 7AC Champ. It was fun to fly.

Actually I wish I still had the Stearmans. They have become very expensive. My Dad bought 25 of them once for $50 each and made sprayers out of them. Used the engines, wheels and brakes out of BT-13's (the Vultee Vibrator). Not many of them left either, thank goodness.

airmail wf
02-02-2007, 01:05 AM

Hi Tinman, Where are you located in Western Pa? I have friends (really I do) that are getting their Pilots license. I might run into you along the way ( No pun intended). We're all from Pittsburgh.

gsk11740
02-02-2007, 01:28 AM
If it would help, I could always ban you for a few days. :D

If I'm allowed to babble like an idiot, the way I sometimes do, you may have to do that!

Even my wife told me this evening that I need a vacation. Maybe tomorrow I'll try to stay off the computer and build that Goldberg Husky instead. ;)

Tinman
02-02-2007, 04:57 PM
Hi Tinman, Where are you located in Western Pa? I have friends (really I do) that are getting their Pilots license. I might run into you along the way ( No pun intended). We're all from Pittsburgh.

Hey Airmail!

I live in Beaver PA, about 30 miles north west of Pittsburgh. If your around the County Airport let me know. I'm always there :)

airmail wf
02-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Hey Airmail!

I live in Beaver PA, about 30 miles north west of Pittsburgh. If your around the County Airport let me know. I'm always there :)

I'm pretty sure that is where my friend has his plane. I'll check with him to be sure. They are always asking me to go for a ride. I'll let you know next time they are going.:cool: :D

Tinman
02-02-2007, 10:56 PM
I'm pretty sure that is where my friend has his plane. I'll check with him to be sure. They are always asking me to go for a ride. I'll let you know next time they are going.:cool: :D

Sounds good man! Im an official airport bum!

:D

Airhead
02-03-2007, 04:06 AM
You two are goin' for a plane ride.....I'm jelous(I wish I could spell);)

Twizter68
02-03-2007, 04:19 AM
Back to the coffee cup, I have one from Starbucks I got YEARS ago...it's double walled stainless steel, has literally been around the world twice, and still keeps the 4 cups of coffee it holds hot for hours!

Does great on the ship too! Neoprene gasket on the bottom keeps it from sliding off the bench in the shop when the ship is in heavy seas!

airmail wf
02-03-2007, 10:23 AM
Airhead try this a very good spell check. I can't sell for crap either. A friend gave me this and it works for me. Cen't you tall.

www.iespell.com (http://www.iespell.com)

Tinman
02-03-2007, 11:33 AM
My posts are full of misspelings :)

Oh well...

Hey you can come for a ride to :)

Airhead
02-16-2007, 06:39 PM
Woohooo....
Now if the wind will just calm down a little for the weekend we'd all be fine..
Enjoy your day folks..:)

Tinman
02-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Thanks Airhead!!

Friday again! Enjoy your weekend!!

Airhead
02-26-2007, 07:32 AM
Hello everyone,:)

Its monday morning.....How bout a cup of coffee...:eek:
Have a great week..

firemanbill
02-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Good Morning Bruce. Got my coffee and am dreading th week...

Is it Friday yet!?!?!

Superbee
02-26-2007, 12:34 PM
Is it soup yet?

Tinman
02-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Happy monday to all!

How many more days till friday? :D

firemanbill
02-26-2007, 01:34 PM
Happy monday to all!

How many more days till friday? :D

27... :( or at least it feels like it anyway!

rea59
02-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Hello everyone,:)

Its monday morning.....How bout a cup of coffee...:eek:
Have a great week..

Let's see, Hmm, My birthday was Saturday, I could have used the coffee :eek: One more year closer to over the edge. Good thing I had Sunday (day) to recoupe, (worked Sunday night)....Mondays are OK cause Im OFF WORK on Fridays:D :cool:

firemanbill
02-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Well it's not even lunchtime yet and we have already responded to calls for an Epileptic attack, an injury from a guy standing in a chair when it broke, a man that passed out in line at Dunkin Donuts and a Li-ion laptop battery Fire in one of the Admin facilities on base...

How long til Friday???:(

gsk11740
02-26-2007, 03:48 PM
a man that passed out in line at Dunkin Donuts

I hate to say it but that one was almost funny. :rolleyes:

firemanbill
02-26-2007, 04:26 PM
I hate to say it but that one was almost funny.

yeah we thought so too!:rolleyes:

R.C.Pilot
02-26-2007, 04:36 PM
Mornin' all

I had to sit at the counter awhile before I felt comfortable enough to speak up, now after my second cup of coffee I'd like to say hello"

Hello all"
Oh' and have a great day and week, I'm building a 25X40 shop and the weather is finally co-operating :)

Pttsbrg is where my Dad was from, (butler)

I saw a AgCat hit the powerwires and recover, I was 8 spans away splicing in a new RA for the Telco in Waso Ca.

A thermal cup thingy is latent or is that convected?
If I make a glider small enough would it rise on the hot air from the cups contents?????

airmail wf
02-26-2007, 05:01 PM
Well it's not even lunchtime yet and we have already responded to calls for an Epileptic attack, an injury from a guy standing in a chair when it broke, a man that passed out in line at Dunkin Donuts and a Li-ion laptop battery Fire in one of the Admin facilities on base...

How long til Friday???:(
Just think if all that happened at the Dunkin Donuts at the same time. :p :D I can see it. The Epileptic guy falls and hits the guy on the chair and he spills a cup of coffee on the lap top shorting out the Li-ion batteries starting a fire.......Hey it could happen.:eek: :D
I hope you got some free donuts.;)

firemanbill
02-26-2007, 05:49 PM
Just think if all that happened at the Dunkin Donuts at the same time. :p :D I can see it. The Epileptic guy falls and hits the guy on the chair and he spills a cup of coffee on the lap top shorting out the Li-ion batteries starting a fire.......Hey it could happen.:eek: :D
I hope you got some free donuts.;)

lol... too funny. Yeah it could happen! and probably has somewhere.:D

airmail wf
02-27-2007, 01:30 AM
lol... too funny. Yeah it could happen! and probably has somewhere.:D

Bill you think that was funny. A friend of mine runs a gun club. A lawyer shot himself twice. Yep after the first time he was showing everyone how he did it.....guess what.:eek: :rolleyes: :D True story.

TLyttle
02-27-2007, 03:53 AM
No loss there, just a lawyer...

Hey, RCPilot, sounding like the curious phillosopher there... 1,000 cups of coffee: does the thermal come from the coffee, or from the coffeemakers? Do the coffeemakers generate ridge lift? Hmmmmmm....

Being retired, every week has 6 saturdays and one sunday, which gives me time to catch up on all the projects that I didn't have time for on saturday. I really don't know how I had time to work, particularly on monday!

R.C.Pilot
02-27-2007, 04:10 AM
A curious thing thermal convection is, but I usually run out of coffee before I can launch.

I put one of my coffee mugs in the micro one day and it never kept coffee hot after that, I think I nuked the gremlins :(

bowtie hi
04-20-2007, 10:03 PM
The coffee thing didn't ring my bell but the talk about the dusters sure did. The duster in Fla. where I'm from bought some kind of trainers to rob the engines for the Stearman's they had more cylinders and bolted rite on. Great plane but I want an electric AgCat. The AT 602 kit has my eye also. Some one in Wattflyers needs to start an Ag plane thread. Don't you think it would be neat to be able to buy assorted Ag planes ?

Ken Been a plane nut for life.

Tinman
04-20-2007, 10:09 PM
THEY MAKE ELECTRIC AG PLANES?!

I got to get one of those!!!!

bowtie hi
04-20-2007, 10:20 PM
Check out my next buy "when SSI check gets here" at
www.dvflighttech.com (http://www.dvflighttech.com)
There is a build thread in RCGroups on it. SWEET

Ken

Tell him Ken sent you

Tinman
04-21-2007, 12:12 AM
Check out my next buy "when SSI check gets here" at
www.dvflighttech.com (http://www.dvflighttech.com)
There is a build thread in RCGroups on it. SWEET

Ken

Tell him Ken sent you

That is sooo cool!

I have a lot of time in the AirTractor, but not the turbine one.

I might have to pick this up!!

bowtie hi
04-21-2007, 01:18 AM
If you go to the thread you will be sold. I watched it from the start and had to check in. There might be an AgCat in the works also. I want them both. There not to big that you need those hi $ motors & batteries. Theres motors at United Hobbies in the 20$ range that will rock in it. I like the nose on the turbine planes & they work beautifull with electric.Im watching the thread the builder is on now so I'll know when he starts on the AgCat.

Ken

Tinman
04-21-2007, 02:34 AM
Thats so cool,

I'll have to check that thread out.

I have a tatoo of a Air Tractor on my shoulder blade.

I know im nuts...

bowtie hi
04-21-2007, 02:41 AM
Hey ! Everybody is crazy. If you see someone acting normal there probley just not well.

Ken

Tinman
04-21-2007, 01:12 PM
Very very true Ken.

gsk11740
04-21-2007, 01:20 PM
Hey ! Everybody is crazy.

I'm not crazy! I just need coffee!

(Well, OK. I'm a little crazy! :D )

Tinman
04-21-2007, 01:31 PM
Me too,

Actually I got a plane in the trunk of my car right now trying my best to get the wife and kid out the door before it gets to windy...

they want to come with me.. :D

gsk11740
04-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Well, good luck and happy flying Brian. I myself am off to clean the garage and basement. :(

Airhead
05-08-2007, 03:20 PM
Is it Friday yet??
Lets have a cup of coffee!:)

Tinman
05-08-2007, 03:57 PM
I wish it was friday!

At least its not monday again!

hah

bowtie hi
05-08-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm going to delay getting my AT 602 till I get back from Fla.

Then I'll be drinking coffee to stay awake while I build it.

Ken

Tinman
05-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Are yu really getting that kit Ken? You better let me now how it goes together :)

ElectricFlyGuy
05-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Yeh, Ken can do a build thread on it!:Q :Q :Q :red: Beam me up Scotty:silly:

Are yu really getting that kit Ken? You better let me now how it goes together :)

Airhead
05-11-2007, 03:20 AM
I can't wait....:ws: :tc:

bowtie hi
05-11-2007, 05:19 AM
Theres already a great thread in RCGroups that some of the best builders going built. In fact 3 people built and flew and had some mods also. I couldn't improve on there builds. Tailfeathers are done for SS #2 + #3 Removeable and larger. 3 wings . One lightweight stock
and 2 Wasp 1 with diheadril one without with ailerons. I might even have a Blu-Baby ready. Got to rig up a 2 piece undercambered FFF wing. Bought a big suitcase today that the 2 Slow Stick booms will fit in. Radio, charger 3 wings and maybe some clothes. I think when I get back I'll order a Micro Telemaster and the AT 602 And build the telemaster first. I been building with foam to long and need to practice with a cheap kit with sticks.
Happy New Year

Ken

Airhead
05-25-2007, 05:59 PM
Hi everyone,
Hope ya'll are having a great Friday..Woohooo. Maybe some fly time tomorrow if the wind will cooperate.

Ken, did you get that Kit yet? Tell us about it..:)

aviatordave
09-02-2007, 03:37 AM

My question is....

How does it know?

I just like bumping old threads.

No...really, it started off as how does a cup keep things warm and cold...

Sounds like something the old geezers at doughnut land would discuss.

Have we gotten to this point already (old age)?

rea59
09-02-2007, 09:37 AM
I just like bumping old threads.

No...really, it started off as how does a cup keep things warm and cold...

Sounds like something the old geezers at doughnut land would discuss.

Have we gotten to this point already (old age)?

Yes!:<::o:sad::roll::blah:

Tinman
09-02-2007, 01:30 PM
I like to see old threads bumped! I still ponder over this question...

firemanbill
09-02-2007, 02:22 PM
ahhh the marvels of modern insulation!:roll:;-)

And yes Ray... You are getting old!:Q

gfdengine204
09-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Brian,

To answer this question, about the coffee cup, first we must know some important information, such as:

1. NiMH's or LiPos?
2. Brushless or Brushed?
3. Pusher, Tractor, or EDF?
4. Dihedral or not?
5. Number of wings?
6. AUW?
7. Spread Spectrum or 72MHz?

Come on, we can't really answer until you give us some good info.

(Oh man, I slay me) :D

firemanbill
09-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Too much coffee this morning Kev?!:Q

gfdengine204
09-02-2007, 02:40 PM
Too much coffee this morning Kev?!:Q

Actually, iced tea. I don't drink coffee, ick bad. :blah:

I was reading that thread and couldn't believe no one had asked it yet.

spitfire
09-02-2007, 04:10 PM
actually the insulation in the cup insulates the hot and it insulates the cold. notice the name "thermal cup" and that's the conclusion:)

gfdengine204
09-02-2007, 04:47 PM
actually the insulation in the cup insulates the hot and it insulates the cold. notice the name "thermal cup" and that's the conclusion:)

spit,

you have effectively removed all the fun from this thread by explaining it correctly. As Wilbur would say, may poo be flung in your direction"! :silly:

spitfire
09-02-2007, 04:53 PM
spit,

you have effectively removed all the fun from this thread by explaining it correctly. As Wilbur would say, may poo be flung in your direction"! :silly:

i just wanted to explain it, sorry or spoiling your fun, you can still have fun... can't you;-)

Tinman
09-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Brian,

To answer this question, about the coffee cup, first we must know some important information, such as:

1. NiMH's or LiPos?
2. Brushless or Brushed?
4. Dihedral or not?
5. Number of wings?
6. AUW?

You crack me up Kev!

I still wish to think that a little elf lives inside the mug letting it know to keep the stuff cold or hot.. :D

Rabbitcreekok
09-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Brian,

1. NiMH's or LiPos?
2. Brushless or Brushed?
4. Dihedral or not?
5. Number of wings?
6. AUW?

Kev, you are punch drunk from working too many hours this weekend. By the way, what are you going to buy with the double time and a half dollars you are making this weekend?:tc:

firemanbill
09-02-2007, 06:17 PM
Kev, you are punch drunk from working too many hours this weekend. By the way, what are you going to buy with the double time and a half dollars you are making this weekend?:tc:

I heard him mumble something about a Waco!:Q

gfdengine204
09-02-2007, 06:26 PM

I'm actually not taking the cash, but the comp time. I get paid for the day, and credited with 1.5 days off later. :tc:

rea59
09-02-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm actually not taking the cash, but the comp time. I get paid for the day, and credited with 1.5 days off later. :tc:

Too bad.....You should ask for a better deal........Here we get 1.5 for saturday 2.0 for sunday 3.0 and the comp for monday.

aviatordave
09-03-2007, 02:12 AM
Too bad.....You should ask for a better deal........Here we get 1.5 for saturday 2.0 for sunday 3.0 and the comp for monday.

Geez..Kev has kinda a Government Job...but you must have a Government-Government Job!

rea59
09-03-2007, 03:22 AM
Geez..Kev has kinda a Government Job...but you must have a Government-Government Job!

Sort of Foreign Government, Government Job....HaHaHa:Q

And they actually expect us to do work at these rates;-)

Superbee
09-03-2007, 05:33 AM
hot or cold poo?

aviatordave
09-03-2007, 05:52 AM
hot or cold poo?

Depends on what mood the Monkey is in.....

gfdengine204
09-03-2007, 01:46 PM
Well, here I sit at my Government job (not as good as a Government-Government job, but.....), waiting for (as my partner coined it) the Hammeration to begin. 14 patrol cars, 5 motorcycle units, SWAT team at the rest area, and God know what else. Ugh. Almost made me cry when I got a call last from one of the club guys asking if I could go fly today. :(

Happy Labor Day to all!

aviatordave
09-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Aww man...dont feel bad....

I'll fly for you today too :)

Tinman
09-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Im going flying today..... hopefully!

gsk11740
09-03-2007, 03:04 PM

Fly one for me too while you're at it. Way too windy here for anything I have (that's still flyable that is). Sigh! :{

gfdengine204
09-03-2007, 03:14 PM

Gee what a swell guy you are. Thanks a ton. ;)

Biplane Murphy
09-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Speaking of Coffee Cups..... I am a true coffee fiend!!..... Drinking my morning Coffee right now.:)

So I have a stainless steel thermal coffee cup that I take to work everyday.... A few months ago I had set it on the roof of the car, got in, and proceeded to back out of the parking space.

Well you can guess that it fell off the roof, rolled under the tire and I ran it over.:<

It now has a nice oval shape at the bottom, but doesn't leak, and still keeps the coffee hot.:)

Biplane Murphy
09-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Im going flying today..... hopefully!

My Buddy called this morning to see if I was heading out to the field.....No, I have to go to work in an hour or so......GRRRRRRRR:blah:

Flyingace451
09-03-2007, 05:03 PM
I'm a youngun' so I hate coffee. Being in highschool...energy drinks are my friend. I averaged 5 hours of sleep per night last week and on the last day right before the big project was due (yes I already had a big project two weeks into the school year) I had this awesome energy drink...It tasted like Cotton Candy mixed with Vault soda and the essense of craziness!!!!!!!!! IIAHIEJITI:AJKTELJKLAKJTAJAJTA!!!!! The effects wore off...and 2 seconds after it wore off I fell asleep at the table and was out like a light. You may think that the effects are still going on, but that's just because I had a nice bowl of MOOSE TRACKS! THE BEST ICE CREAM IN THE WORLD!!!

You guys be happy you get to go to actual jobs instead of school. At least at jobs you aren't forced to learn new stuff in every subject every day.

firemanbill
09-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Ace no offense intended but one of these days when you are all growed up look back on that last post!

these are the best times of your life my friend! Relish them!

There are soooooooo many times I wish I was back in High School again!

gfdengine204
09-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Ace,

Also, in High School, you don't have to worry about keeping a job to suport your family, and pay your bills, and all that important stuff.

Enjoy life always, but don't grow up too fast. Too many young'uns are forced to do so way too early (due to teen pregnancy, death of parents and all sorts of other reasons....)

Biplane Murphy
09-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Ace no offense intended but one of these days when you are all growed up look back on that last post!

Yep... No rent.... no bills....no huge responsibilities...Man those were the good ole days....:tc:

Tinman
09-03-2007, 06:27 PM

I agree with Bill and Kev my friend!

Enjoy it while it lasts. I would go back to high school anytime! Those are some of the best days you'll have :D

Superbee
09-03-2007, 06:31 PM
AHHH I remember high school. Orville, Wilbur and I had a great time. But they kept playing in their bicycle shop. Wonder what happened to the Wrights?

rea59
09-03-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm a youngun' so I hate coffee. Being in highschool...energy drinks are my friend. I averaged 5 hours of sleep per night last week and on the last day right before the big project was due (yes I already had a big project two weeks into the school year) I had this awesome energy drink...It tasted like Cotton Candy mixed with Vault soda and the essense of craziness!!!!!!!!! IIAHIEJITI:AJKTELJKLAKJTAJAJTA!!!!! The effects wore off...and 2 seconds after it wore off I fell asleep at the table and was out like a light. You may think that the effects are still going on, but that's just because I had a nice bowl of MOOSE TRACKS! THE BEST ICE CREAM IN THE WORLD!!!

You guys be happy you get to go to actual jobs instead of school. At least at jobs you aren't forced to learn new stuff in every subject every day.

I would like to echo Firemanbill, Tinman and the rest, these are the best days of your life.

I would also like to add that I strive to learn one thing new every single day. It takes constant study to stay ahead in your chosen profession. I'm sure the other guys will agree. Don't fear the learning process instead embrace it.

Airhead
09-27-2007, 04:54 PM
I try to have no responsibilities now but my Wife would surely hurt me....::o
How about a cup of coffee? Sounds good to me..

Biplane Murphy
09-27-2007, 04:57 PM
mmmm.....drinking coffee right now.:)

Airhead
09-27-2007, 04:58 PM
Me too Murph...:ws:

Superbee
09-27-2007, 06:44 PM
Not drinking coffee. Ya CRAZY? Ya think I want to be awake when I fly?

Tinman
09-29-2007, 01:44 PM
I wish I had some coffee... yep a big big dose

gsk11740
09-30-2007, 08:28 PM
I wish I had some coffee... yep a big big dose

Plain Coffee? Bah! ESPRESSO! :)

Airhead
09-30-2007, 08:31 PM
I like vanilla coffee.... Just poured one to go with the races today..:ws:

gsk11740
09-30-2007, 10:07 PM
I like vanilla coffee.... Just poured one to go with the races today..:ws:

Sounds good. I'll have to try that sometime. My favorite is White Chocolate Mocha. Love it! :)