PDA

View Full Version : How to See Only Subscribed Forums

hoppy
10-02-2005, 02:22 PM
OK, I've searched and searched and it's probably under one of my fingers but I can't find it.
... What button do you push to see only subscribed forums?
hoppy

bsoder
10-02-2005, 02:37 PM
it'd be nice to have a "new posts" type button that would only show new stuff from the subscribed forums as well.

admin
10-02-2005, 02:42 PM
We have some functionality in this area

Click the User CP link in the top navigation

Click the options link at the left. At the bottom of that page you will see the list of all forums here. Just read the instructions on how to use it. Basically you select the forums you DO NOT WANT from that list. then when clicking new posts button (also in the main top navigation) those forums will now be excluded.

I don't think it will hide the forums yet from the homepage but that functionality likely won't be too far off

marc

bsoder
10-02-2005, 02:56 PM
nice, thanks. Wish RCG had that. Not having any way to filter groups on that busy a board makes the New Posts button basically useless.

admin
10-03-2005, 08:26 PM
nice, thanks. Wish RCG had that. Not having any way to filter groups on that busy a board makes the New Posts button basically useless.

To me this functionality is mandatory. we had it on rcu two years ago. with guys interested in cars, boats, epower, helis, airplanes clicking new posts was beyond useless without it so it was one of the first mods I incorporated into wattflyer. even though we do only epower here unlike rcg and rcu many are interested in SPECIFIC areas within this specific interest area of the hobby.

glad you like the feature :)

bsoder
10-03-2005, 09:48 PM
it just makes sense. so far I've been pretty impressed with this site (and more importantly the management philosophy), I think it's going to do well.

admin
10-04-2005, 05:01 PM
it just makes sense. so far I've been pretty impressed with this site (and more importantly the management philosophy), I think it's going to do well.

thank you so much for the kind words and support. please let others know about the eflight community here as word of mouth is the #1 method to help people find their way here. the larger the collective community the more value it adds for each member as the knowledge base increases.