PDA

View Full Version : Prop Spins The Wrong Way

gutsandglory
10-03-2005, 01:52 AM
The prop is spinning the wrong way which in turn made all the controls work opposite to their intended directions. Are the leads from the ESC to the motor reversed or are the leads from the battery to the ESC reversed?

Matt Kirsch
10-03-2005, 01:59 AM
Regardless of what kind of motor it is (brushed or brushless) swap any two wires going to the motor. Do NOT swap the wires going to the battery, or you will have lots of smoke! The ESC can't handle reversed polarity from the battery.

Note that a brushed motor only has two wires, so swapping "any two wires" simply means swapping the wires.

If you have a diode installed on the motor (aka Schottky diode) you also need to turn that around, or you'll blow up the diode.

gutsandglory
10-03-2005, 02:15 AM
Thanks Matt. I also failed to mention that I could not turn the motor off. I assume that would also be a function of the reversed wiring. And ,yes, it is a brushed motor.

Don Sims
10-03-2005, 02:27 AM
The turning off the motor issue might be on your transmitter. Lower the slide switch by your throttle stick then plug the speed control into the battery. Tell us what setup you have...

ragbag
10-03-2005, 10:41 AM
Not all but most of the time I have to reverse the throttle on the transmitter, seems that Futaba needs this. I beleive I am 99% right on that part.

The other is probably the motor leads as stated above. Reversing the battery leads will let the smoke out of the little smoke box built into all controllers.:D

Also on the Skysport 4 transmitter you have to advance the throttle trim all the way up for full power on the GWS controllers. That is 100% fact.:)

By George