PDA

View Full Version : Dumas Sport Scale Electrics

E-Challenged
01-25-2007, 06:47 AM
Tower Hobbies is selling a number of light weight good flying , Pat Tritle designed, Dumas electric scale balsa construction you-build model kits, more are on the way. The kits have laser cut parts and decent wood and wire plus, plans and covering material for a reasonable price. These models are somewhat challenging to build but Pat Tritle is always available at his website, Pats Custom Models, or on RC Groups E-Zone to answer questions and give advice. There are build threads with photos and discussion for most of the models on E-Zone. These models are designed to fly scale-like on inexpensive power systems and may will land at near walking speed. I am just an admirer and builder of Pat's models.

Take a look at the current line-up: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0093p?&C=AAP

rcgeezer
01-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Hello E-challenged.
I Built The Gee Bee Model From Dumas. It Was A Delight To Build And I Set It Up For A Geared Gws System. Haven't Flown It Yet. Could You Tell Me What You Are Using For Power And The Battery Size? Thanks
Rcgeezer

E-Challenged
01-28-2007, 01:57 AM
You can get detailed info on motors, battery packs etc., used in each of the Pat Tritle models in RC Groups, E-Zone, Scale electric forum "build log" threads. Generally a 50-75 watt outrunner or GWS DXA geardrive with Faigao or Medusa 12mm brushless motor works well in models built light without much beefing up. I am using an Esskay 400XT motor ( $17.90 on sale) from Hobby Lobby in my 19 oz, 48" w/s Pat Tritle #%$^*One-For-Tea ( Cessna 140). Battery pack is a Polyquest 20C 2S 1200 lipo or Polyquest 20 C 2S 800mah lipo, Prop is 9x5 direct drive GWS. My C-140 uses 2 Blue Arrow 4.3 gram servos for ailerons and 2 HS-55's for rudder and elevator. Rudder is pull-pull , elevator is wire pushrod. ESC is CC Phoenix 10 with 3amp BEC. Pat recommends CC Thunderbird 18's in his models.