PDA

View Full Version : GWS Me 109 Stock Power

Mthomas
10-03-2005, 02:00 PM
I am sure that this has been pounded into the ground already, but I can't find it... sorry.

I have a stock GWS Me 109 with a EPS 350C and 7.2v 600 mah pack. I am on a tight budget and can't go to brushless and li-pos. How can I get the best performance out of a stock setup... gearing, props, etc.

Thanks for any help that you can send my way...
Mark

Matt Kirsch
10-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Your best power upgrade without going whole-hog brushless is a 9.6V battery. With electrics, voltage is your cubic inches, and as we all know, there's no replacement for cubic inches. :D

An 8-cell pack of CBP750 2/3AA cells should cost you less than $25 with shipping from www.cheapbatterypacks.com (http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com).

There's only so much you can do with props and gearing, given the limited number of Watts available from a wimpy 7.2V battery pack. The only thing you could do is draw more Amps from the pack by using a larger prop. However, there's a limit as to how much you can draw before it exceeds the capacity of either the motor or the battery. At that point, it just becomes wasted heat.