PDA

View Full Version : X-cell Helis

flstf13
01-29-2007, 04:00 AM
Is anyone familar with this brand of heli? I love to fly the IonX on my G3.5, but they make a 6oo size called the Razor which is a lot cheaper than the IonX. I don't have a heli but am in the market for one. On the simulator I like flying the bigger helis. They seem to be easier to fly. :cool: Here is a link for X-Cell http://www.miniatureaircraftusa.com/support/dealers.asp?pag=15

Pyrock
02-06-2007, 08:12 PM
I dont have an Ion-X but I did stay in a Holiday Inn once:p Just kidding. Really, I dont have an Ion-X but a friend of mine had one and when I was shopping for a larger bird to compliment my TrexSE, I DID look into them and flew them many times on G3.5. Apparently, they are the helis to have if you are into large 90-sized helis. They are supposed to be more stable but they are not cheap nor are their batteries. I blieve they take 10S to 12S lipo batteries which can run $500+ which should give you about 7-10 minutes of flight time per charge. They recently came out with the Razor which I believe is a 50-size bird (600mm blades) but they aren't cheap either. Recently there are more electric 50-sized helis available that are much cheaper. Some include the Trex 600 and the next generation of Mikado helis...the Logo 500 and 600. The Logos have not been released yet but they are supposed to rival the Ion-X and Razor. I fly a Logo 10 3D (500mm blades) and I can tell you that it is SILKY SMOOTH. I am sold on German engineering but I've also flown a Trex600 and it is very nice too. Good luck in your search.

flstf13
02-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the info, I know people with the Trex 600 and they love them.
I will have to check out the other heli's you mentioned.
Thanks!

flstf13
02-07-2007, 08:33 PM
I purchased a TRex 450 XL with all the hop ups at the Columbus swap meet this last weekend, even came with the battery and charger from Align. Over $800. worth of beauty, even custom painted canopy for only $350.