PDA

View Full Version : Charger question

thebaldone
07-30-2005, 07:26 PM
I don't seem to be able to find an AC/DC charger in UK which will charge a 9.6 8 cell from the DC input it'll only do it from AC? Maximum from the DC is 7 cell 8.4V

Not wishing to spend loads but I need to be able to charge 8 cells from my car battery.

ragbag
07-31-2005, 01:06 AM
Probably get a better lead on that question one forum up, BATTERIES AND CHARGERS.

My thoughts on it while we are here is the FMA Super Nova, but then that is $129.00. I do have one and think it is very good. Not sure how long I have had it, was one of the first to come out a couple of years ago.
George
Gainesville Fl

thebaldone
08-01-2005, 09:34 PM
Think I may have sorted this. Gonna get an inverter for my car which will supply 240AC from the 12V !

jb48
03-05-2006, 01:19 PM
Hi all. I just received a new LBA6 Hyperion lithium balance adapter. I tested a Polyquest 2S-2500 mAh and the balancer shows 5 blinks on all five cell leds, meaning that the power pack is well balanced. Now, I decided to charge my lipo pack using my Triton charger set to 7.4 V and 2 Amps. I connected the balancer to the charger and the power pack to the balancer as per instructions sheet. I started the charger and when the Triton is charging, the tiny red LED of cell #1 is blinking as fast as a machine gun. When the charger is doing a short pause indicating 0 Amp, the tiny red LED doesn`t illuminate at all, when the charger is charging again, the very fast blinking on cell #1 only is doing his thing again. Is this normal? After about 10 minutes of charging, I chickened out and stopped the charger. which showed that 320 mAh were put in the power pack. During the 10 minutes of charging with the lithium balancer, the power pack and the balancer stayed cool (no noticeable warming). Before experimenting a full charge with the charger/balancer combination I would like to be sure that nothing is wrong. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience.