PDA

View Full Version : Vote!!! Best all around electric Heli!!!

T-Rex3DPilot
01-30-2007, 10:19 PM
I wanted to start a thread to see how many people like a certian heli. Me i would vote the T-Rex 450 SA,SE, or xl the best all around electric chopper.. What about you?:rolleyes: There are alot of good helis but the T-Rex is one of the best. I think the T-Rex is the best because of its clean smooth looks, its flying style. (for me hard 3D:cool: ) and the look it just is amazing period. So post what heli you think is the best if it is not listed above..

Thanks

EpoweredRc
01-31-2007, 02:26 AM
I cant give a accurate answer, do you own all of these helis? if so can I come test fly each of them? cause thats the only way this poll would be fair, as i have only flown a Blade Cp pro.. but if I flew a trex I might like it better( pretty sure I would) I wish I had a chance to fly each of them so i could say witch one is best.

HX3D014
01-31-2007, 09:52 AM
I said other.

It all depends on your Style,. IE. Scale fun, Light Acro or hard core X3D

To many heli were release under false pretences. IE 3D out of the Box. when all they ever offered as a Vidio of their model was some sort of Fall tumble with a Rushed catch at the end of the Fall.

I personaly like 3D and Aspire to being able to do better every day. What i use today to get where i want is Based on several points

Afordability
Doability (IE when i am redy, my heli will be able to do)
My current level
Design
Availability.(Including parts and Upgrades)

This is my list. Everyone else will be a little or a lot different. to many varables.

If i could afford it.

I would get the T-Rex 600, i would like to change the Head on the 600 to one that brings the Main blades lower, (Not to low!) but i will be forced to wait till my 15month old son is interested (IF) and by then. I Dont know what would be available.

I Dont think the T-Rex 600 would be the best all round. because it is not an all round machine. this could give a misgiding view of the heli.

But i Voted other and so here is my other. Look at my Login name (minus the 014)

PilotDane
02-03-2007, 02:02 AM
I voted for the TRex 450 because it has lots of cool moving bits (compared to my previous fixed pitch), and I have one.

I think I would like the 600 better because it has a better sound in the videos I've seen. More of a helicopter wop wop sound. I'm sure I'd like a Lepton for the same reason.

Tinman
02-05-2007, 09:52 PM
I voted for the T-Rex 450 :)

leapfrog
02-06-2007, 06:42 AM
Hehe... I voted "other" only because there wasn't a "none of the above" option.

I own several helis... too many, in fact... and I just recently added yet another (an AcceleratedRC Hoss x4 frameset - acceleratedrc.com (http://www.acceleratedrc.com%29)). I've also flown a *bunch* of the list (folks have lately been bringing me their helis from Christmas asking "what is wrong" with them... what's up with that? I'm a heliguy, but man... It's fun, though, to hover the helis in front of them so they can see them fly... and then give them the babysteps approach to getting there themselves.)

I'd have to say I agree with HX3D014... they are so different, and really are targeted at different markets/styles.

I love flying all my different helis (and even helis within the same family fly differently depending on the setup... I have three SAs - identical airframes - set up with different servos/gyros/etc, and each has it's own personality).

Generally speaking... the micros are more challenging, the 450s fly like - well, 450s... and my 600 flies itself. FPs fly differently from "mixed" VP heads... and dang it... they are all just a ball to play with.

dang it... too many helis, too little heli-time.

Pyrock
02-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Of the helis listed, I've flow the Trex 450, Trex 600, and a Blade CP. The MX series is very similar to the Trex line except with slightly lower grade parts and less support. In addition to those, I've flow a Voyager E and I have a Logo 10 3D. That said, I'd have to say that the Trex 450 is the best "all around" heli in my opinion because it handles a lot like the larger helis yet it's small enough to fly most anywhere that is basefall field sized or larger. The parts are everywhere and relatively cheap. So, based on those attributes, it wins hands down. It's not the best but if you consider that you can walk into most hobby shops that sells helis and find parts and kits that are relatively cheap. There are also many E-helis that are not on that list that are also very good such as Logo's, E-Raptors (including the mini Titan) and the Lepton which should rank up there pretty high IMO.

jermo
04-23-2007, 02:56 PM
I voted for the T-Rex 450 because it's affordable to repair and will do anything you want it to do. For the cost/repair ratio it's the best I've found.

Initial costs to get into the heli aren't counted because it doesn't matter in the long term. The T-Rex600 is bigger and more stable but costs more to repair. For the average pilot this is a major consideration. I'm betting the T-Rex 500 will be an excellant balance of performance/repair cost to step up to.

It will have the quality of the T-Rex 600 and flight performance of larger heli's at a lower cost.

Dvnts
04-25-2007, 10:32 AM
For me its not only about flying ability, but rather the overall benifits of owning a specific brand. I voted for the t-rex because spares are cheap and avaliable anywhere!, There are a load of aftermarket products, Good training videos, Good helpful websites. The overall product support is really great.
Oh yes, they fly good too! :)