PDA

View Full Version : Funny things happen when I stay off the forum for a weekend....

gsk11740
02-04-2007, 10:04 PM
If I stay away from the computer, I actually get a plane built! Isn't it amazing? :rolleyes:
Now if it flies....

Rabbitcreekok
02-04-2007, 10:16 PM
And a fine looking machine it is. Of course it will fly. It will fly until it stops. Just be sure those stops are just as in the photo, wheels down and wheels first.

Grasshopper
02-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Looks good gsk! What plane is that?

gsk11740
02-04-2007, 10:39 PM
And a fine looking machine it is. Of course it will fly. It will fly until it stops. Just be sure those stops are just as in the photo, wheels down and wheels first.

I'm sure it will fly. The question is: How well? (and depending on that answer, how long? :D )

Looks good gsk! What plane is that?

It's a Carl Goldberg Husky 400. There are two threads (that I know of) on this site about it and lots of others on other sites. The plane doesn't have a good reputation. Like most, I bought it on looks and then found out later about it's bad habits. There are a few people that have got them to fly well but most seem to have had major problems with them. I followed the hints the "successful" owners gave me and hopefully, I'll have good luck with it. Now if I can just get some good weather...

Tinman
02-05-2007, 04:38 PM
AWoo hooo looks great Gary!!!

gsk11740
02-05-2007, 06:20 PM
AWoo hooo looks great Gary!!!

Thanks! I'm glad I finally got to finish it. I should stay off the internet more often! :D

Other than the Mini Ultra Stick (not sure what I want to do with it right now), this gets all the "ARF's" built. Now I got to get back to cleaning the basement so I can start working on the kits. Not sure when that "big" Cub is going to arrive. Found any kits that you might build yet?

max2112
02-05-2007, 06:28 PM
Great looking plane!

Please keep us posted on how it performs.

btw, :eek: That cat looks like it's gonna pounce!!

:D

gsk11740
02-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Great looking plane!

Please keep us posted on how it performs.

btw, :eek: That cat looks like it's gonna pounce!!

:D

Thanks Max! I'm going to have to wait until spring to fly it. Really, since I'm still pretty new to aileron planes, I want to get a good bit of stick time in on my Soareasy and then Mini Pulse XT before I touch the Husky. I was just comparing the wing and the size of the control surfaces with my Mini Ultra Stick. The Husky has almost the same size control surfaces and the same throws and the Husky also has the E-Flite 450 outrunner and 9x7SF prop. This thing ought to be a handful, especially with high rates and full throttle! :eek: (Sure isn't going to fly like a Cub!)

The cat is one of my "helpers" (got two of the little furballs - brother and sister). She wanted to give the plane her official "sniff test". I guess it passed. :D It should get interesting when I start building kit planes. I can see them batting the little balsa pieces all over the house! :rolleyes: They got a hold of a tailwheel from one of my plane projects and were knocking it all over the house at 3am the other morning. Fortunately, it was a bad one that I ruined when I got sloppy with some CA.

max2112
02-05-2007, 07:35 PM
I know what you mean. I bought a PZ FW-190 around Thanksgiving. It will continue to be a static display until May or so. I feel comfortable on the computer, but I think I need more quality stick time.

Cats are awesome! Warm laps, cuddly whiskers, and CLAWS to the arm!
AT least that's my CJ's favorite combination.
:rolleyes:

gsk11740
02-05-2007, 07:48 PM
I know what you mean. I bought a PZ FW-190 since around Thanksgiving. It will continue to be a static display until May or so. I feel comfortable on the computer, but I think I need more quality stick time.

Cats are awesome! Warm laps, cuddly whiskers, and CLAWS to the arm!
AT least that's my CJ's favorite combination.
:rolleyes:

My two cats are only about 18 months old so they are full grown physically but still behave like kittens. Translation? They can be seriously destructive! Our furniture looks like it's been through hell already! Ah, but gotta love 'em anyway! :rolleyes:

By the way, I keep all my planes hung up high where they can't reach them. ;)

rea59
02-06-2007, 01:07 AM
Great job Gary. Looks very good.:D :D :eek:

Ray

OhioBuckeye
02-06-2007, 03:19 AM
Nice build. How many are in the hangar now?

gsk11740
02-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys but I think I forgot to mention the Husky is an ARF so I can't really take credit for anything other than the final assembly, although there sure was an awful lot of final assembly!

How many are in the hanger? Well, I guess that depends on how you count them. I gave all my foamie RTF's to my son so he has my HZ Supercub now (which he will be learning on next spring), a Firebird Commander II, PZ "Super" Decathlon and Typhoon 3D. The Supercub and the Typhoon are the only ones that fly. Right now they are all "ceiling decorations" in his room.

I now have a Hobby Lobby Soareasy (nice little aileron trainer), a Mini Pulse XT (can't wait to fly it!), and the Goldberg Husky (I'm afraid to fly it!). I also have the remains of a Mini Ultra Stick that got wrecked on the maiden. I have all the parts to fix it but I haven't decided what I want to do with it yet. I have a couple of helis too but I only fly the CX2. The Walkera is "decoration" now.

I am soon starting to build some kits. I have a "House of Balsa" MicroAcro Cub and am looking at a couple of Mountain Model kits. I also have a very ambitious project. An Adrian Page 80" Super Cub I'm planning to make a long term project out of.

So, how many planes do I have? Enough to make my wife complain about the "Airplane Theme" the house appears to have taken on! :D

Airhead
02-16-2007, 06:33 PM
If I stay away from the computer, I actually get a plane built! Isn't it amazing? :rolleyes:
Now if it flies....
Funny how that works Gary,

Having time to build, Nice looking plane, I'm sure it will fly just great..
Our Cats name is April, she is in charge around here..:)

I like the home Airplane look too.
Have a good weekend..;)