PDA

View Full Version : Why were my posts edited?

Twmaster
02-04-2007, 10:23 PM
In the thread I started about the 50" Green Models Tiger Moth?

This is a good example:

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=76684&postcount=3

It seems Don Sims made an edit for some reason and my photos are now gone. Also, I cannot even get access to -MY OWN POST- to fix it.

What gives? And further, why wasn't I notified?

Don Sims
02-05-2007, 12:57 AM
Last edited by Don Sims : 09-15-2006 at 04:58 AM.

Mike, I can't recall from back in September of 06, was it a duplicate thread?

Twmaster
02-05-2007, 02:18 AM
No it could not have been that as I know not to do that. Each post deleted (there were a few) contained my build photos.

What I am most concerned about is the fact nobody bothered to alert me to a problem so I could fix it or simply let me know what was done and why.

This disturbs me mightily as it smacks of censorship.

Don Sims
02-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Mike, we do censor things on the site to keep harmony. Usually we delete posts and leave a note. I checked the mod notes on your posts and harmony wasn't an issue.

Are you sure you weren't having problems uploading photos back then? I recall people asking me to check posts because they couldn't upload photos several times before the upgrade. I noticed you had one stock photo at the beginning but no build shots. Perhaps your build shot files were too large?

Twmaster
02-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Positive. No issues uploading photos ever. I take the time to crop, resize etc on almost every photo I post. All the photos that are missing were posted as attachments. Not as a link like the 'stock' photo used in the first post to this thread.

Since nobody seems to know what happened I'll just drop the issue. However I am less than happy.

Mike Parsons
02-05-2007, 01:49 PM
I looked at the posts as well, and cant see any reason why they would have been edited.

I dont see any traces of uploads to that post in particular, but that doesnt mean much.

Mike,
If you have more examples, please post them here or shoot them to me and I will be happy to look into it.

WattFlyer mods do not arbitrarily edit or delete posts without good reason or upon request of the post owner. But I will ask the team to ensure they put text in the "reason for edit" to help identify actions in the future.

Twmaster
02-06-2007, 12:27 AM
I looked at the posts as well, and cant see any reason why they would have been edited.

That is exactly what has me a bit agitated and perplexed.

I dont see any traces of uploads to that post in particular, but that doesnt mean much.

Mike,
If you have more examples, please post them here or shoot them to me and I will be happy to look into it.

I have not looked at other threads but as of right now this is the only thread with problems. Every post I made in the thread with pictures as attachments (not linked) seems to be affected.

WattFlyer mods do not arbitrarily edit or delete posts without good reason or upon request of the post owner. But I will ask the team to ensure they put text in the "reason for edit" to help identify actions in the future.

Mike, (and Don) thank you for looking into this. Failing an explanation I'll just be hopeful that your admin/moderator team will do a better job of documenting edits from here forward.

If I spot any further problems I'll pop back up and bring it to your attention.

Mike Parsons
02-06-2007, 12:35 AM
If you come across anything else, just let us know.

Don Sims
02-06-2007, 01:05 AM
Mike N, FYI we do have some protocols for doing edits and I wish you had caught this earlier so I could check my PM and e-mail files. Sorry I couldn't answer your question and resolve the whys, I'm perplexed too.