PDA

View Full Version : New Plane, didn't last long...

Carjacker
02-05-2007, 12:39 AM
I just bought a new estees plane today, and as soon as I got, home, I put it together and flew it. Well, after 5-6 crashes I finally got the hang of it. But on the last crash, one of the twin props motors were busted up, regardless I flew it anyway. I hand launched it and got it up around 50 feet up and the busted motor finally quit. :eek: The plane dived completely straight down and all I could do was watch. The fuselage broke, and the tail end was at least 20 feet away from the crash site. :D When I recovered it, the plane was in three pieces.

xzapken
02-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Well what goes up must come down! In the short time I have been into RC fligth I have crashed at least 80 times and I am sure there more to come LOL.

Rabbitcreekok
02-05-2007, 03:00 PM
I just bought a new estees plane today, and as soon as I got, home, I put it together and flew it. Well, after 5-6 crashes I finally got the hang of it. But on the last crash, one of the twin props motors were busted up, regardless I flew it anyway. I hand launched it and got it up around 50 feet up and the busted motor finally quit. :eek: The plane dived completely straight down and all I could do was watch. The fuselage broke, and the tail end was at least 20 feet away from the crash site. :D When I recovered it, the plane was in three pieces.

Hello Carjacker. Sorry to hear about the destruction of your plane. The problem with those WalMart and toy store planes is that they don't really fly well or handle crashes well. The only one that does OK is the Air Hogs Aero Ace and about half of them have to be returned until you get one that will fly. They are very durable and will handle most crashes to fly again.

If you have a real interest in being a better flyer, I would suggest you go to the beginner forum and follow the ideas offered there. You would not believe the difference in flying performance between your Estes plane and a Multiplex Easy Star. Yes, they cost more, but you can really learn to fly with a feeling of accomplishment. They handle crashes and are soon ready to fly again. There are others that do equally as well.

What you have learned so far certainly will transfer to the next plane you purchase. Just remember, you get what you pay for.

NYCstevo
02-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Wow man - I know the feeling... I had my J3 cub in a tailspin from about 100 ft. up and somehow managed to pick the nose up so all that broke was the battery compartment... =) Lucky me! Sorry to hear about it! Do you have some pics?

Carjacker
02-05-2007, 08:58 PM
I already fixed it, amazing what a little bit of scotch tape can do. :D
No pics on the crash site, but some to come later that's for sure!
I've bought and tried out the Aero Ace Jet, best plane I have owned, except the prop broke later that day.