PDA

View Full Version : question re:Hobbico Quick Field DC Charger MKII

rmbler
10-06-2005, 01:45 AM
i just purchased the above charger and upgraded my e-flight blade heli with the upgrade kit as well as the e-flight 800mAh battery my understanding is that the li-ion and li-po batt. settings are the same just want to make sure its set right so i don't blow up my batt. pack can anyone tell me what and how i should set the charger as far as amps. setting and time ect. also i will be running it through a jump starter car starter batt. with a 12 volt accessory cigarette lighter type input.

thanks in advance

Phil

Matt Kirsch
10-07-2005, 04:42 AM
The instructions that come with your LiPoly pack should describe the acceptable charge rate. With the exception of the SkyVolt and BalancePro packs from FMA Direct, the univerasal maximum (NOT to be exceeded) charge rate for all LiPoly packs is 1C, or one times the Capacity of the pack.

In your case, 800mA, or .8 Amps is the acceptable charge rate.

I believe this charger has an automatic shutoff when the pack is charged. You should not need to set any timer. It will take about 1-1/2 hours to charge a fully depleted pack.

rmbler
10-07-2005, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the reply Matt i am really new to this hobby and cant afford to spend good money on battries that i blow up i spend enough on crashes thank you again.

Regards,

Phil.