PDA

View Full Version : Joy Stick for Mircosoft Flight Sim X

Tinman
02-06-2007, 08:29 PM
Hi!

Can anyone reccomend a good joystick for Microsoft Flight Simulator X?

I plan on getting it but need suggestions on a joy stick....

:)

:D

Flyingace451
02-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Any decent gaming joystick works fine. One with a trigger, 4 axis (throttle slider, left-right, push-pull, twist left-twist right), and one with a toggle hat on top...hang on a sec I'll just tell you what mine is.

it's the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, it is fairly cheap and serves the purpose fine.

BTW: I love the flight sim.

aviatordave
02-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Ya, I second that choice on the Logitech. They have some without force feedback...but that takes all the fun out of it!

Tinman
02-06-2007, 10:28 PM
thanks for the info guys,

im going to go with a force feed back for sure...

can't wait!

Tinman
02-08-2007, 04:14 PM
Well I bought MS FS X yesterday, didnt get much sleep. Its an awesome simulator!!! Think Ill use it with my students a little to teach them what all the instruments do. :0

Anyhways I bought a cheap joystick, it serves the purpose but isn't a force feedback.

Can you belive Best Buy doesn't sell force feed back sticks?!!

Oh well guess ill have to order one :(

aviatordave
02-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Walmart has them....Target should as well. Everybody has a super wally-world nearby, dont they?

Tinman
02-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Of course I pratically LIVE at Wally World, mine doesnt sell them.. Ill go hunting this weekend....

Taget is a good idea, ill check them out... ;)

aviatordave
02-08-2007, 09:37 PM
Dont forget that you can go on walmart.com and have it delivered to you as well. In case they have a better deal.....

aviatordave
02-08-2007, 09:48 PM
I take that back......seems walmart doesnt have much for joysticks anymore...according to their website. Target had a deal if you buy X and their logitech FF joystick - $129....the joystick alone is $59......a little steep to feel the bumps in the air, or the hard landings. I liked the Force feedback when I play microsoft combat flight sim. That is an intense online game :)

Tinman
02-08-2007, 10:43 PM
Cool thanks for the info Dave.

My wife just went to target, they had the regular joystick but not the force fed back one :( I want the force feed one its only 69.00 on the net.

MountainFlyer
02-09-2007, 02:46 AM
actually here is what you really want ;)
http://www.amazon.com/Saitek-X52-Flight-Control-System/dp/B00030GSJY

Ive had force feedback Joysticks .. they can be fun .. but become anoying after a while. And if the programing isn't written well for the force feedback it actually kinda sucks ( the force feedback programming for earlier Microsoft Flight sims was rather...weak.... But maybe they did a better job with X . ive not bought X since i have most of there earlier versons.....
The only place imo that force feedback is a must is a Force feedback stearing wheel with something like NASCAR 2003 ( the last one by Papyrus ) ya just can't drive as fast with out one ;)

Tinman
02-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Well I ordered the Logitech 3D pro (force feedback) from Target.com, not a bad deal. Plus I can take it back to my local Target if I want my money back. I hope this is a good joystick. The one I have no is pretty useless...

I thought Microsoft made a nice force feedback but I couldn't locate it..

oh well :)

spitace
02-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Sorry to sound ignorant, but wtf is force feedback

Tinman
02-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Sorry to sound ignorant, but wtf is force feedback

Force feedback is a joysric that vibrates when you hit the ground and stuff. It also vibrates when you stall and gets harder to pull when you are doing high G turns.

:)

aviatordave
02-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Force feedback is a joysric

Isnt the 'joysric' used in Asia? In North America we use the 'joystick'

whats life without a little laughter & picking on each other! :p :D

Dave

Tinman
02-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Isnt the 'joysric' used in Asia? In North America we use the 'joystick'

whats life without a little laughter & picking on each other! :p :D

Dave

:D I can't spele to well.

I should of got a joysric, i bet they are cheaper!

spitace
02-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Okay thanks, that sounds oarsome, it also sounds expansive:(:(
Maby next year...

Tinman
02-12-2007, 10:33 PM
I just got my force feed back jpy stick! The wife just called me and said the UPS man dropped it off! Ill let you know how it goes Spit.

It was $70 us

Bilbobaker
03-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Logitech Extreme 3d Pro works great.
Bill

Tinman
03-19-2007, 12:40 PM
thats what I ended up getting I love it