PDA

View Full Version : HELP - Looking for Jack Lynn Bale Plans

TBolt
02-07-2007, 03:30 AM
Hi fellow Wattflyer's,

I have been looking for plans drawn up by Jack lynn Bale for a while now with no luck. Does anybody know who or what organization ended up with all of the wonderful plans that Mr. Bale had designed?
Any help is appreciated

Sky Sharkster
02-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Hello Tbolt, Welcome to Wattflyer! If you do a search here (for "Bale") you'll find a couple of plan sets for sale, including these for a HE 219;
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6639&highlight=bale
And another set for the Taube.
My searches worked better by just using "Bale" instead of his full name, found some photos of his models, great-looking planes!
You might try other glow + electric sites, again, just try the last name, it's easier.
Good Luck!
Ron

Bear
02-19-2007, 05:59 AM
TBolt,

Good luck on your search.
Jack Bale used to have a web site listing his plans. He had plans
for a particular aircraft I was interested in. His plans were a bit
small for what I had in mind. The aircraft was a FW 189.

I thought for some time I would find plans for one with a 70 - 80"
wingspan. After a few years ...no luck.

When I decided to order his plans, the website was missing. I
found out that he had passed away.

By doing some tracking down I found that most all of his aircraft
related equipment was passed down to his clubmates.

I did make contact with the individual that obtained the original
drawings for the FW 189. He told me that the plans had been in
storage in Jack's garage and were severly damaged by rats. They
were so bad that they couldn't be copied.

This is one case where I hope the plans copiers on E-bay continue
on with the designs that Jack produced.
I have seen some of his plans pop up on e-bay but not the particular
one I'm looking for.

So, for what it's worth, keep an eye out on e-bay and maybe you
will get lucky!
Barry

TBolt
02-19-2007, 07:36 PM
Thanks Bear,
Yea, I know what you mean, I have communicated with a few people, and they all lead nowhere. I even spoke to one man that had all of the plans, until they were given to the club, but no luck from there.

I have three Bale plans, the P-59, the Me262, and the Flying pancake. I would really like to obtain some more of the early jets that he modeled.

I have only seen two plans on e-bay, but they are not the ones I am looking for.

Good luck on your search for the FW189, If I run across a set of plans, I will let you know.

It would be nice If someone out there had copies of the plans to share and to keep Mr Bale's plans flying.

Happy Flying,
Victor

Rudderman98
02-22-2007, 02:17 AM
I think I found Jacks plans.

Just emailed this gentleman about a set that I have been looking for. sorry it's on another RC site.:o

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2930376/anchors_3475680/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#3475680

Perry

Destroyer of airplanes
03-15-2008, 04:30 AM
I just bought the plans from Uncle www.unclewillie.com. Page 44 $10. I intend to develop them into an EDF with about a 48 inch wing span. I could use some help as I have no EDF experience, but can build most anything.

If enough of us want to build it we might be able to have it lazer cut as a partial kit. Anybody interested?????

Paul

TBolt
03-16-2008, 03:37 AM
Hi Destroyer,
My son and I built a P-59 a while back. Look on rcgroups for details by my son (Acemigkiller). He did not finish the article, and we built it out of blue foam. You will have to modify the plans for power, but they are a great start for a great flying plane.

TBolt
03-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Paul,
This is the link http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=550589

Destroyer of airplanes
03-16-2008, 09:33 PM
Thanks Tbolt.

That is exactly what I was hoping to see. Hope mine truns out as well. Did your son ever finish her and publish any flight performance data.

Paul

TBolt
03-16-2008, 10:03 PM
Paul,
The plane was completed, but with school he never finished the build log.
The plane flies great, and is very stable, it goes exactly where you tell it to go. We still have plas to make a bigger one.

Destroyer of airplanes
03-16-2008, 10:14 PM
Tbolt,

What are the dimensions of your son's plane. I'm thinking of building in the 60 to 66 inch wing span area. I want something that will handle rough grass fields better than the 400 stuff I fly now.

As this will be my first build of an EDF I have a fair amount of power plant research to do.

Paul

Old Fart
03-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Thanks Bear,
Yea, I know what you mean, I have communicated with a few people, and they all lead nowhere. I even spoke to one man that had all of the plans, until they were given to the club, but no luck from there.

I have three Bale plans, the P-59, the Me262, and the Flying pancake. I would really like to obtain some more of the early jets that he modeled.

I have only seen two plans on e-bay, but they are not the ones I am looking for.

Good luck on your search for the FW189, If I run across a set of plans, I will let you know.

It would be nice If someone out there had copies of the plans to share and to keep Mr Bale's plans flying.

Happy Flying,
Victor

Victor,

Let me know if you decide to build the V-173/XF5U-1, one of my dream planes.

TBolt
03-18-2008, 01:59 AM
Jeff,
That one is still on my "to do list", or is it my "some day" list. Eventually though, I will have to build one. Hopefully you will beat me to the build, and I you will inspire me.

Regards,
Victor

Old Fart
03-18-2008, 09:10 PM
We'll see. I have a translated copy of Gluseppe Ghlseri's plans (my Italian is limited to foor, drink and the occasional quote from The Sopranos), haven't really sat down with it and done the "feasability study). There's several builds online - but nothing I can just pick up and run with.

The one in Realflight 3.5 is loads of fun though - and I _really_ want to bring one to the field!

easytiger
03-31-2008, 07:29 AM
Be aware that many of Jack's plans used large vacuform plastic pieces that you can't get anymore...you will need to work out another method, such as foam...

TBolt
04-01-2008, 03:09 AM
Tiger,
You are right, and the Flying Pancake is one of those, However, Blue foam is easy to work with, and the plans don't seem to hard to work with.

I am still looking for more of Jack's plans, so if anyone out there has any of his jet plans, please get in touch with me, I woud like to know what you have.

Regards,
Victor

Flite-Metal
08-12-2013, 08:33 PM
Jack Lynn Bale's plans are the intellectual property of his wife (inked all designs) and his daughter.
A Jack Bale Design's web site is currently under development.

The site will feature the best of Jack's designs with accommodations for today's motors and in many
cases, enlargement.

A good example is the Flying Pan Cake, Dallas has a 1:1 from which to acquire documentation.