PDA

View Full Version : RC is a great way to meet people (hit their houses)

JWilliams
02-10-2007, 03:28 PM
First day flying my Sky Fly I rammed a guy's house. It was an ordeal, requiring a new ladder to be bought. I am much better now and can avoid houses. However, somebody was visiting today and I wanted to show him the plane even though it was FAR too windy. With the engine on full the plane could barely move across the ground and was nearly still with the heavy gusts. It flies into the wind stably, though...however, going back from the wind, not as much. It was making ground quickly and I ran out of room (also had the plane too low, a common problem for me) and landed on another roof! It was easy to get off, but this one got the owner out of the house wondering what the bang was. She was nice, though.

I was deceived by our weather software. I could see it was windy but the software said only 10 miles/hour (which the sky fly can do). However, now it's saying 20 and I think that's more like what it was, hee hee.

Plane is fine, small chip on wing. These things are damn robust.

Rabbitcreekok
02-10-2007, 04:56 PM
I don't think you actually hit the house. What really happened is that the house moved under the SkyFly and jumped into its path. Yep, that works for me.:D :D

Grasshopper
02-10-2007, 05:24 PM
I don't understand why anyone would build a house directly in a flight path anyway. :confused: :confused:

AEAJR
02-10-2007, 05:24 PM
First day flying my Sky Fly I rammed a guy's house. It was an ordeal, requiring a new ladder to be bought. I am much better now and can avoid houses. However, somebody was visiting today and I wanted to show him the plane even though it was FAR too windy. With the engine on full the plane could barely move across the ground and was nearly still with the heavy gusts. It flies into the wind stably, though...however, going back from the wind, not as much. It was making ground quickly and I ran out of room (also had the plane too low, a common problem for me) and landed on another roof! It was easy to get off, but this one got the owner out of the house wondering what the bang was. She was nice, though.

I was deceived by our weather software. I could see it was windy but the software said only 10 miles/hour (which the sky fly can do). However, now it's saying 20 and I think that's more like what it was, hee hee.

Plane is fine, small chip on wing. These things are damn robust.

Even 10 MPH is too much in the hands of an inexperienced pilot?

JWilliams
02-10-2007, 06:32 PM
Even 10 MPH is too much in the hands of an inexperienced pilot?Inexperienced is a relative term. I know that two weeks ago it was doing 10 and I had no problems with it, just takes a while to turn is all! 20 is harder. I am half tempted to go out again. I think with more height and respect for the wind I'd do better, but I probably won't test that :)

AEAJR
02-10-2007, 07:20 PM
I am half tempted to go out again. I think with more height and respect for the wind I'd do better, but I probably won't test that :)

Ah, from experience, come wisdom! :p

CHELLIE
02-10-2007, 07:23 PM
The way I fly, Houses and buildings all need to all be built underground :)

Carjacker
02-13-2007, 01:16 AM
I agree to that! :D

EpoweredRc
02-13-2007, 01:33 AM
:eek: :D LOL thats funny...but you for got to include trees also, they jump out of no where all the time

Balil
02-13-2007, 01:41 AM
i almost took out a half million dollar house with WHAT WAS a .40 t-34 mentor. i figured a plane was cheaper than the house so i nosed it to the ground.... damn i miss that plane, inverted on that thing was a breeze, no down elevator required, which is odd for a plane with a dehidrel of the degree this one had.. low wing trainers, WHO NEEDS EM!

Carjacker
02-16-2007, 12:40 AM
Sounds like an awesome plane....