PDA

View Full Version : Hyperion Cub 25e Bush Pilot edition with flaps.

QuietRCFly
02-10-2007, 06:58 PM
This new plane should be available sometime in March. I don't have any further details at this point. All the info is on the attached box label.

While we will carry them in our online shop, I am personally very excited to build one of these for myself!

I am guessing the price will be $180-$200 without a power set and maybe $315-$350 with.

I hope they will offer floats as well.

Thanks!

QuietRCFly
02-16-2007, 04:54 AM
It looks like the Cub 25e will be available in early March and will carry a price of $149.95 in the US.

Thanks!

jupiter1
02-17-2007, 12:22 AM
It looks like the Cub 25e will be available in early March and will carry a price of $149.95 in the US.

Thanks!

$ 149.95 !!! Great news ! Are you accepting preorders ?

jupiter1
02-17-2007, 01:00 AM
Deposits?

jupiter1
02-17-2007, 01:01 AM
Waiting lists?

jupiter1
02-17-2007, 01:02 AM
Would it help it I told you how much I want this plane ?

jupiter1
02-17-2007, 01:11 AM
OK I really want this plane .Bad . 25 size Cub , ARF ,electric power , with flaps , perfect. There are lots of Cubs out there , ARF's and kits , lots of sizes ,few with flaps . I have searched .

QuietRCFly
02-17-2007, 03:18 AM
$ 149.95 !!! Great news ! Are you accepting preorders ?

Wow! You do want this plane.

Yes I will take pre-orders. Let me get back to you over the weekend. I have taken deposits in the past, but because of some issue that came up last time, I may change how I do it. In any event I know you want one and I will put you down. PM me your name and email address and I will get back to you with requirements this weekend.

I am pretty excited about this plane myself.

Thanks!

Jollyroger
02-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Looks like a great plane for floats!:cool:
Add a few extra decals ie: bush pilot service and a pilot and passenger, it will be the coolest looking plane on the pond. Jollyroger

jupiter1
02-18-2007, 02:13 AM
Wow! You do want this plane.

Yes I will take pre-orders. Let me get back to you over the weekend. I have taken deposits in the past, but because of some issue that came up last time, I may change how I do it. In any event I know you want one and I will put you down. PM me your name and email address and I will get back to you with requirements this weekend.

I am pretty excited about this plane myself.

Thanks!

PM sent.

QuietRCFly
02-18-2007, 03:16 AM
Wow, I got a better response than I thought. Here is the deal, I have added a pre-order deposit to my website for the Cub. It is $20 non-refundable. Sorry I had problems the last time I did a pre-order and just want to make sure customers are commited to a purchase.

When the plane arrives you will have 10 days to complete the order and I will give you code to take your deposit off the price.

This is not eligible for purchase using any of the discount codes listed on the homepage, so if you want to place a separate order for other products using a discount code, please place separate orders.

Tomorrow and Monday I will add other new planes to the pre-order list as well.

Here is a link to the Cub deposit on our website:
http://www.quietrcflying.com/category.aspx?categoryID=132

Thanks!

jupiter1
02-18-2007, 04:55 PM
Ok , deposit made. And now the waiting...........

jupiter1
02-24-2007, 01:20 AM
and the waiting..........

QuietRCFly
02-28-2007, 05:47 PM
It looks like these kits will be shipping to us tomorrow or Friday, so we should be able to ship out to customers hopefully by the middle of next week. If you made a pre-order, I will send out details this weekend so you know what to do to complete the order. That way we can ship to you as soon as possible.

Thanks!

jupiter1
03-01-2007, 12:09 AM
OH BOY ! Won't be long now .

QuietRCFly
03-06-2007, 12:44 AM
The distributor still does not have them in stock! Hopefully they will ship very soon. I will keep you informed.

jupiter1
03-06-2007, 12:46 AM
:eek:

QuietRCFly
03-27-2007, 04:22 AM
These planes are now in stock. They were delayed due to the lack of a build guide, but we now have the guides and they are ready to ship.

Solid Hit
03-27-2007, 08:33 PM
WOW, I just built the E-flight Cub 25 - only 3 flights - take trades? Only kidding but I wish I had flaps.

QuietRCFly
03-27-2007, 08:41 PM
WOW, I just built the E-flight Cub 25 - only 3 flights - take trades? Only kidding but I wish I had flaps.

You should buy the Hyperion as well and give us a comparison.:D

jupiter1
03-27-2007, 11:46 PM
Interesting to note , the motor mount plate is reinforced on both sides with a fiberglass plate with wood inbetween .

jupiter1
03-27-2007, 11:52 PM
Hinging on the wings is straight forward CA hinging . Care will be needed when epoxing the control rod to the flap.Be sure to scuff the metal rod with a little sand paper where the epoxy goes , gives it a better grip.

gsk11740
03-27-2007, 11:55 PM
Hinging on the wings is straight forward CA hinging . Care will be needed when epoxing the control rod to the flap.

Yeah, I can see where I'll screw that one up, although I do hope not.

jupiter1
03-28-2007, 12:10 AM
Yeah, I can see where I'll screw that one up, although I do hope not.

The flap is angled where it meets the rear of the wing so access to the rod is good from the bottom of the wing . once you apply the epoxy be sure to insert the ca hinges as you slide the rod into the flap .:D You wont be able to do it once the epoxy sets . ;)

gsk11740
03-28-2007, 12:16 AM
The flap is angled where it meets the rear of the wing so access to the rod is good from the bottom of the wing . once you apply the epoxy be sure to insert the ca hinges as you slide the rod into the flap .:D You wont be able to do it once the epoxy sets . ;)

Thanks for the tip. Hopefully, I'll be able to get started on mine next week.

jupiter1
03-28-2007, 11:14 PM
Wing joint is an excellent fit , nicley done Hyperion. Only a couple of clamps and some tape needed . I used 30 min epoxy here .

Dave

jupiter1
03-29-2007, 12:36 AM
Battery hatch , 4000MHA 3S lipo easily fits .

QuietRCFly
04-06-2007, 01:00 AM
Any more progress? After taxes, I may try to build one as well.

jupiter1
04-06-2007, 01:15 AM
About 80% done .Wing done, motor and all electronics except for esc installed. Debaiting between seperate bec or 4.8 volt pack to power electronics . I well be running 5 servos , esc and the servo slow down device on the flaps .Its :cool: . Most likely well use the 4.8 volt battery because I can move it around to balance out the plane .

Still have to attach the struts and set up the control throws also. Then hook up the watt meter and test some props with the E-Flite 15 . Hope to maiden this Sunday :D

QuietRCFly
04-06-2007, 01:46 AM
About 80% done .Wing done, motor and all electronics except for esc installed. Debaiting between seperate bec or 4.8 volt pack to power electronics . I well be running 5 servos , esc and the servo slow down device on the flaps .Its :cool: . Most likely well use the 4.8 volt battery because I can move it around to balance out the plane .

Still have to attach the struts and set up the control throws also. Then hook up the watt meter and test some props with the E-Flite 15 . Hope to maiden this Sunday :D

Good luck! Get some pics an maybe video if you can.

lshadow2005
04-09-2007, 05:14 AM
Everyone I talked to recommends a separate BEC or reveiver pack with that setup-doesn't cost that much to protect that much investment
Bob

gsk11740
04-09-2007, 11:43 AM

I've been using a ParkBEC (http://www.dimensionengineering.com/ParkBEC.htm) in my Goldberg Husky for a while now and have had no problems whatsoever. The Husky has 6 servos and no room for a separate receiver battery so I had no choice if I wanted to keep the flaps. I know the Hyperion J-3 has more room for a battery but the BEC will keep the weight down some.

gsk11740
04-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Anyone flown their's yet?

jupiter1
04-19-2007, 10:09 PM
Been try'n to for the last 2 weeks . Good weather has not coinsided with available time . Shoot'n for this weekend .

gsk11740
04-19-2007, 10:11 PM
Been try'n to for the last 2 weeks . Good weather has not coinsided with available time . Shoot'n for this weekend .

I know what you mean about the weather. Haven't had too many chances to get anything airborne myself.

Good luck on the maiden!

jupiter1
04-29-2007, 09:48 PM
It's been awhile but I finaly flew the Cub this morning . No big suprises flying wise . Flys like a Cub :D Take off roll was straight , no "Cub ground loop " . Climb out was strong with the Eflite 15 , full throttle was a little fast for a Cub IMHO , so I just throttle back a little and know I have some reserve power available. With flaps down she flies nose up , like shes tail heavy . Have to hold a little down elevator . One scarey moment was when I raised the flaps while holding down elevator , the plane instantly went in to a dive untill I released the elevator . Yes I know that's what's should happen . I just was not ready for it . Going to mix in some elevator with the flaps to smoothe out the transition from flaps up to flaps down and visa versa.

The o-ring shock absorber on the landing gear did break on a hard landing , I was forcing her down a little too much to avoid an over shoot . This plane floats a bit on approach. Going to be a pain to replace that o-ring , well have to come up with something else . Over all a solid flyer and a keeper in my mind.

Dave

gsk11740
05-01-2007, 01:42 AM
Congrats on the maiden! Did you get any pics?

Gwest
05-10-2007, 05:23 PM
How does the E-Flite Cub 25 compare to the Hyperion Cub 25? Has anyone seen two together to compare, for example how true to scale are they, how does size and weight compare? Which is the higher quality in terms of design and materials and flight qualities?

I planned to get the E-Flite, until today I saw the Hyperion ad. Been looking around for the E-Flite one, but it seems it is not available in South Africa. I will have to speak to the importers.

johnfowles
06-18-2010, 10:24 PM
Hello flyers,

I recently got myself a hyper ion cub kit which seems to be complete except for the pictorial guide. I looked around the web and wrote to hyperion but did not get answer from them.

Would by chance anyone of you have a copy of the guide ? If someone has scanned it, an email would be great, otherwise I more than willing to pay postage to Switzerland where I live.

I really don't trust myself enough to go without the guide.

Thanks in advance for any answer or tip you might provide.