PDA

View Full Version : Lipo question II

Faspro
10-07-2005, 02:03 PM
I don't know if I am asking this question correctly but.I charged my battery earlier this week and have been setting the servos on my plane. Can you top off a Lipo battery? Does my Apache 2500 just charge what I have used. Just curious before the planes maiden flight.

Vamooska
10-07-2005, 03:23 PM
Yes...you can top off a lipo. It has no memory like the early NiCads did. Just follow the usual protocol...charge safe containers, outside, etc...
Cheers!
Vammy

hoppy
10-07-2005, 04:27 PM
What vammy said. There are some "Timed" chargers out there that you couldn't do that without problems but the Apache's are Constant Current/Constant Voltage chargers which would make it OK. The other precaution is that some "auto cell detect" chargers with high cell counts might make an error with a fully charged battery and think it's a discharged pack of the next higher cell count. So it depends on the type of charger and the battery pack being charged. Checking out what is happening during the charging process however will catch any problems.
More than you probably wanted to know:)

http://www.rcmodels.ca/product_info.php?products_id=122

Vamooska
10-07-2005, 04:59 PM
Darned good point there about the auto detect Hoppy.....Yea...wanna set that parameter.
Vammy

Faspro
10-07-2005, 06:19 PM
The charger is an Apache 2500. The battery is a Thunderpower 3 cell 11.1 1320MAH