PDA

View Full Version : TP Prolite and PQ XP 2100

RC-Tester
10-09-2005, 03:13 AM
Hi all,

Having heard so much about the Polyquest XP recently I purchased a PQ 2S 2100 XP pack from www.aircraft-world.com (http://www.aircraft-world.com) and ran a 7C discharge measuring the temperature change during discharge. As a reference I compared to a similar pack; the Thunder Power 2100 2S Prolite. The PQ XP appears to deliver better Wh capability throughout most of the discharge.

The results look interesting (see graph below); so much so I will take it into the lab and carry out some controlled testing up to 16C discharge. Are there many of you guys using these new PQ packs in your models - how is the pack holding up with time?

Rod

hoppy
10-09-2005, 03:52 AM
That agrees with the TrexTuning test data. Don't own any yet but they will probably be my choice the next time I buy cells. I'm glad you added that battery to your tests.

everydayflyer
10-13-2005, 03:40 AM
2S 2100 TP PL weighs 95 grams and PQXP 2S 2100 weighs 125 grams. I guess a little over 1 oz. or 32% more battery weight does not matter that much to some. I find that increased battery weight requires more throttle on average for the same flight performance and the extra weight often results in shorter flights at reduced overall performance.

Charles

Stagger_Wing
10-13-2005, 08:17 AM
Iíll be interested to see your results RC-Tester. I agree with Charles that weight is an issue but I know it is hard to find packs of different brands with very similar weights and capacities

roccobro
10-17-2005, 06:22 AM
I too agree with Charles. I favor less weight over available watts out if I have to choose.

Thanks for posting RC. I look forward to your results. :)

Justin

Nobert
10-17-2005, 07:53 PM
Rod,
Glad to see results other than TP and Kokam. Any chance to test Tanic?
Thanks for all of the great work,
Neal