PDA

View Full Version : how loose is Loose ???

Pony Pirate
02-27-2007, 07:13 PM
i'm assembling the head on a 450 se V2 and I'm not sure what is really non-binding loose ??? Should the the linkage fall from it's own weight ??

leapfrog
03-15-2007, 08:17 AM
Which linkage? I "size" all of my ball links using a sizing tool, to make them uniform and "free"... is that what you mean?

Pony Pirate
03-15-2007, 04:23 PM
I was talking about the looseness of the linkage and the parts..I put together the flybar cage and it seemed stiff...I watched finless bob's video and it seems that the ball can be too loose...I would not have guessed that based on my experience flying fixed wing aircraft.....but Heli's are a different thing

Thanks for the answer
Jack

leapfrog
03-16-2007, 10:00 AM
I was talking about the looseness of the linkage and the parts..I put together the flybar cage and it seemed stiff...I watched finless bob's video and it seems that the ball can be too loose...I would not have guessed that based on my experience flying fixed wing aircraft.....but Heli's are a different thing

Thanks for the answer
Jack

The head needs to be pretty danged "free"... binding will only cause lagging in control response... (and in severe cases transfer vibrations throughout).

My SE had a slightly "bound" flybar cage in washout... but it was due to the bearings in the seesaw not being totally seated. Check that. Once I got them seated properly, the cage was *very* free in all directions.