PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION: New Chat POLL!!!!

ElectricFlyGuy
02-27-2007, 11:59 PM
Please> we need to see how many people that would like to get the chat going again!! Let's get the chat back up and running and have fun!! This can be a good thing for those of us that have questions and need instant answers from knowledgable RC veterans on-line. There has been a growing need for this I see, so, that is why we need this poll, to show Wattflyer that we WILL use their chat if they give us another chance. Just post anything showing you want chat back up and running!! WE NEED YOUR HELP! Wattflyer will be watching this thread, I assure you. Thanx, Scott.;)

dmmalish
02-28-2007, 01:34 AM
i'm all for the chat coming back i think it would be very benificial to all of us instant answers that would be awsome

ElectricFlyGuy
02-28-2007, 01:42 AM
Thank-you for your support dmmalish!! Scott

aviatordave
02-28-2007, 05:22 AM
Yes, I think the chat would be cool. Lets re-establish it

Dave

(scott - where is the poll?)

icaboy
02-28-2007, 05:24 AM
i am definately down for some real-time chat.

saber_33
02-28-2007, 05:27 AM
Well, I'm pretty new here but I think a chat feature would be pretty sweet.
You got my support.

-Eric L.

ElectricFlyGuy
02-28-2007, 05:38 AM
Cool, keep em' coming. Scott;)

Well, I'm pretty new here but I think a chat feature would be pretty sweet.
You got my support.

-Eric L.

Airhead
02-28-2007, 06:05 AM
Well,
I've never really done anything with chat rooms. However, I agree that questions that were urgent would get some instant attention and maybe make it easier to understand what the real problem may be. :)

Crash Test Dummy
02-28-2007, 06:08 AM
CHAT, CHAT, CHAT, CHAT!!!

Thats my chat chant.:) I'm all for it.

CTD

Grasshopper
02-28-2007, 06:17 AM
Ain't never done no Chat but guessin it could be perty neat. :p

Geoff_Gino
02-28-2007, 06:22 AM
Yes PLEASE!!

ElectricFlyGuy
02-28-2007, 08:40 AM
Thanx for all your help so far, I will contact an ADMINISTRATOR to come and put in a word for us pretty soon, so you all know that they are watching. Thanx for your help all!! Let's keep it growing.

smokejohnson
02-28-2007, 01:42 PM
I'm down with some real time chatting. Count me in.

rea59
03-01-2007, 02:17 AM
I can support that.

John Seidelman
03-01-2007, 02:34 AM
While we had it before every time I went in I sat there for 10 or 15 minutes and no one else seemed to want to join me. We do need a notifier to let every one know there are people in the room chatting.

Crash Test Dummy
03-01-2007, 05:04 AM
Good point John. Hows the weather in Oswego? Things a shaping up here in Sugar Grove. Now if we could just calm the winds down some.

CTD

saber_33
03-01-2007, 05:16 AM
See! Thats why you need a chat feature.

To talk about the weather.

Grasshopper
03-01-2007, 05:18 AM
I'm with you Crash. It has been windy here for ever. We're currently under a tornado watch. I've seriously considered tying strings to my planes and just use them as kites.

dk_aero
03-01-2007, 06:06 AM
Yep! I'd go for a chat... Might save some of us from going through (literally) hundreds of pages of threads! :D

Cowboy
03-01-2007, 06:11 AM
I don't know how much work this makes for the administrators, but there are times when I think this would be handy to have as an option. My 2 cents.

Crash Test Dummy
03-01-2007, 06:25 AM
Good point Saber 33.

CTD

andrewtexas123
03-01-2007, 08:13 AM
A chat would be really helpfull to us noobs!

ElectricFlyGuy
03-01-2007, 03:38 PM
I don't think it is too much work for the administrators. They had one here in 2005, but shut it off due to lack of use. I see that Wattflyer has grown alot since then. A friend has put a chat in his website and even though there are about 7 of us, we use it every night. I do agree that there should be a notifier when people are in the chat. LIKE a red flashing banner that says> CHAT ROOM IS ACTIVE< or something. There are ways to make it work. That was great advice, thanx. Scott.

Rabbitcreekok
03-01-2007, 04:23 PM
When the chat room was active, I went there several times and, as others have said, waited....and waited and so on.

Perhaps the chat room could be set to be active at certain times. I know WattFlyers are from all over the world and time zones don't match but if chats were scheduled at certain times, we would know there would be someone to chat with at those times. Just a thought.

aviatordave
03-01-2007, 07:10 PM
Even when I joined about a year ago, this forum was still in its beginning stages. I wasnt here in time when they had the chat room, but since it was a new forum explains why it wasnt used much. Now, it seems that I recognize alot of user names and think the chat function would be a great addition.

Kosh
03-02-2007, 03:29 AM
I would use it enough that its a worth while addition to the forums.

aviatordave
03-02-2007, 03:56 AM
okay - get Marc in here! lets get it going!

ElectricFlyGuy
03-03-2007, 02:38 AM
I sent him an e-mail, maybe if he gets enough e-mails from all of us, he will come:D :D :D

okay - get Marc in here! lets get it going!

saber_33
03-03-2007, 06:34 AM
So you want us to send him emails to make a chat feature?

Maybe you should make a petition or something for us to sign.

-Eric

Crash Test Dummy
03-03-2007, 06:37 AM

-Eric

Or maybe Marc should just set us up!!:D

CTD

saber_33
03-03-2007, 06:44 AM
Yeah, that would be even better!

-Eric

ElectricFlyGuy
03-03-2007, 07:22 AM
:D :D :D :p OK> Here is your petition>> I ________ want a chat room! Signed_______________.:D

-Eric

ElectricFlyGuy
03-03-2007, 07:25 AM
There ya go, one Moderator has seen us and has spoken!!!! YAYYYYYY! Thank-You Kosh for your input. Scott;)

I would use it enough that its a worth while addition to the forums.

saber_33
03-04-2007, 03:18 AM
I Eric (saber_33) want a chat room! Signed Eric Laarhuis.

There ya go!

ElectricFlyGuy
03-04-2007, 03:26 AM
:D :D :p ;)

I Eric (saber_33) want a chat room! Signed Eric Laarhuis.

There ya go!

saber_33
03-04-2007, 03:41 AM
:)

ElectricFlyGuy
03-04-2007, 03:45 AM
I have been to that website and found it to be very interesting.;)

:biggrin:file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/eric/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/eric/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/eric/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/eric/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg

saber_33
03-04-2007, 03:47 AM
Ha Ha it was being weird.

Sky Sharkster
03-04-2007, 02:17 PM
I like the idea of a chat room also, with a couple of provisions;
The flashing (or easily spotted) notice that it was "on" or being used. Perhaps, after the first click, it would indicate which members were there. 2nd click, you're in. That way, if (say) you knew it was mostly Sailplane flyers and you fly Heli, you could opt out without disrupting the chat.
Two, the problem of multiple time zones is real, but within the US we'd be dealing with a 3 or 4 hour difference. After folks had used it a bit, they could work out a time, convenient to the regular users, to meet again. "Next tuesday, 6pm EST, HOTLINERS!" sort of thing. I'd guess that within a short time there would be something that anyone interested could attend.
I'm not saying it would have to be that formalized, there might always be general chat going on, but I think the more specialized interests would find a way to convene. With the understanding that a new person could ask a general question without fear of ridicule or misunderstanding.
Anyway, it's a great idea and I would gladly support it any way I can.
Ron

ElectricFlyGuy
03-05-2007, 02:37 AM
OK Folks!!!!!!!!

Moderator # 2 has made an showing for us!!!!!!!! This is good news!! thanx for all of your support! Scott;)

I like the idea of a chat room also, with a couple of provisions;
The flashing (or easily spotted) notice that it was "on" or being used. Perhaps, after the first click, it would indicate which members were there. 2nd click, you're in. That way, if (say) you knew it was mostly Sailplane flyers and you fly Heli, you could opt out without disrupting the chat.
Two, the problem of multiple time zones is real, but within the US we'd be dealing with a 3 or 4 hour difference. After folks had used it a bit, they could work out a time, convenient to the regular users, to meet again. "Next tuesday, 6pm EST, HOTLINERS!" sort of thing. I'd guess that within a short time there would be something that anyone interested could attend.
I'm not saying it would have to be that formalized, there might always be general chat going on, but I think the more specialized interests would find a way to convene. With the understanding that a new person could ask a general question without fear of ridicule or misunderstanding.
Anyway, it's a great idea and I would gladly support it any way I can.
Ron

aviatordave
03-05-2007, 02:52 AM
Good ideas Ron!

Maybe the addition of some chatroom moderators...guys who are in the forum almost all day (you know who you are :)) can pop in and out.

Is it alot of work to re-establish the chat function?

Dave

John Seidelman
03-05-2007, 02:59 AM
It doesn't matter what your choice of flying is, as long as the chat is going on you just may learn something about it and LEARN. That is the reason most of us are here anyway I think.

ElectricFlyGuy
03-05-2007, 03:11 AM
This chat, I am sure, will be well used and I am sure it will be very educational and help those who may need a quick tip. I am sure someone will be in the chat room that can help anyone at anytime. We should have a Moderator(well educated) assigned to the chat room to help those who need it. Thanx for your great words. Scott;)

It doesn't matter what your choice of flying is, as long as the chat is going on you just may learn something about it and LEARN. That is the reason most of us are here anyway I think.

GA-Flyer
03-05-2007, 04:00 AM
I would love to chat, bring it on.

Doyle

aviatordave
03-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Here is the low-down on the last chat discussion -

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281

saber_33
03-07-2007, 12:02 AM
Hmm, why did he take it down then?
Did he even put it up in the first place?

autorotate
03-07-2007, 01:16 AM
Count me in!! I come to the forum everyday...some real time chat would be great!!!!

Kosh
03-07-2007, 01:41 AM
Because this needs to be moderated how about this?

Lets try and open it 1 day a week for now and see how much interest it generates. Open it like say every Wednesday from around 2 to 10pm and see how it goes. It can be modified from there pretty easy after a few trail runs if needed.

I have no power to make this happen but it sounds workable and I would be glad to help out in any way on this.

saber_33
03-07-2007, 04:25 AM
Awesome! That sounds great!
Any set date for when it will be put in?

-Eric

Geoff_Gino
03-07-2007, 06:21 AM
Because this needs to be moderated how about this?

Lets try and open it 1 day a week for now and see how much interest it generates. Open it like say every Wednesday from around 2 to 10pm and see how it goes. It can be modified from there pretty easy after a few trail runs if needed.

I have no power to make this happen but it sounds workable and I would be glad to help out in any way on this.

Hey Kosh - you'll be leaving a lot of guys out!!:eek:

aviatordave
03-07-2007, 07:08 AM
Ya..there is some things to be worked out (if) we can get the chat room again. It would be nice to talk to the guys on the other side of the world...

any word from ADMIN on this yet?

Dave

Mike Parsons
03-08-2007, 02:14 AM
Hmm, why did he take it down then?
Did he even put it up in the first place?
It was up. We had it online for about 5 months and it never got used. Of course we were just a we youngin at that time. We went through an upgrade and since it was never used, it was decided not worth it to dedicate the effort to roll it back in since it take a bit of work on the code.

Ill speak with Marc about it.

SinxarKnights
03-08-2007, 02:22 AM
I vote "Yes" for chat.

Kosh
03-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Hey Kosh - you'll be leaving a lot of guys out!!:eek:

Sorry but that may be unavoidable at first. Getting late night (or early morning in your case) moderation other than me may pose a challenge and I believe it takes a admin to open and close it.

Given a little time though its possible to work something out at least a few times to test and see Watt it draws. I'm not speaking for Wattflyer on this matter and its just my opinion of how this might work out. I want to see this open as much as the next guy and think we have the membership and topics to give it a try again now.

Heres a idea that we might try in the meantime, Do a poll on Messengers?
MSN, Yahoo, ICQ ... and find out whats the most popular used here. We can open a unofficial Wattflyer room on the winner. I myself like the Yahoo messenger because of great voice chat in room. :)

Chat this idea over and see what you can add to it.

Geoff_Gino
03-08-2007, 11:43 AM
Hi Kosh

I am on Skype and fact is Up_Ya_Go from this forum and I have become thick as thieves since hooking up on Skype. I find the 'live' nature of the chat will be great and it's nice to have real time answers to questions some times.

Unlike general chat rooms we share a common love for a hobby and sometimes it is also nice just to pass the time of day.

Speaking of the poll - perhaps there's a way to list all the 'Skype' users and others and maybe hook up that way. What I am trying to say is 'to be in a chat with shared interests.

TheOldGuy
03-08-2007, 05:18 PM
It's a great idea, I'll be there.
Charlie

ElectricFlyGuy
03-10-2007, 12:12 AM
I have reviewed this thread you brought to us and have come to the conclusion that it was two years ago and there haven't been as many people then as there is now. I think that this time it will work out well. We just need to get more people in here to speak out for a new chat room. I am disappointed by all the hits this thread has got and not nearly as many responses!!!!!!!! Hey, if you visit us....... Please leave a word about a new chat room needed. It only takes a few minutes. Thanx for everyones help so far.;) Scott.

Here is the low-down on the last chat discussion -

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281

andrewtexas123
03-10-2007, 12:28 AM
Well i have seen a chat on a couple other rc sites, they had a feture where you could save the chat to a file so it was easy to fing the info you reacive! I vote YES!!!

andrewtexas123
03-10-2007, 12:31 AM
Sorry but that may be unavoidable at first. Getting late night (or early morning in your case) moderation other than me may pose a challenge and I believe it takes a admin to open and close it.

Given a little time though its possible to work something out at least a few times to test and see Watt it draws. I'm not speaking for Wattflyer on this matter and its just my opinion of how this might work out. I want to see this open as much as the next guy and think we have the membership and topics to give it a try again now.

Heres a idea that we might try in the meantime, Do a poll on Messengers?
MSN, Yahoo, ICQ ... and find out whats the most popular used here. We can open a unofficial Wattflyer room on the winner. I myself like the Yahoo messenger because of great voice chat in room. :)

Chat this idea over and see what you can add to it.

The problem you run into here is having people all of the world useing diffrent chat rooms. And verision's, Ya you might selectthe one with the most people but then you are leaving out alot of people who have diffrent chat things.

I would really like to see it on the site! Easy To find and faster.

smokejohnson
03-10-2007, 12:33 AM
I have not tuned in during the scheduled time's but every time I go to chat on RCG it's pretty dead. Maybe I will check it out during a scheduled time and see what it's like.

tennistal0n7
03-11-2007, 09:25 PM
thats true aviatordave!

ElectricFlyGuy
03-12-2007, 01:19 AM
I have been to RC groups and it is VERY hard to locate that chat! I am still trying to find it. I don't know how others have fallen upon it but, I hope it won't be hard at all to find it here. Like last time when Marc said it was located (in wattflyers) in the middle of the tool bar, That would be nice. Right where it currently says' # of posts'. And maybe it could flash when it detects others in the chat to get peoples attention. It is truly great to have a forum and chat for electric flyers even though gassers are welcome. Thanx, Scott;)

Ya..there is some things to be worked out (if) we can get the chat room again. It would be nice to talk to the guys on the other side of the world...

any word from ADMIN on this yet?

Dave

Twizter68
03-14-2007, 06:16 PM
We want chat! We want chat!

aviatordave
03-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Chat is just that....

it is hidden under a hat?

or maybe it flew off like a bat?

Dont be a rat, give us the CHAT!

(A poem by Dave)

rea59
03-15-2007, 11:11 PM
Chat is just that....

(A poem by Dave)

Cute poem Dave!:rolleyes: But what can I say other than don't quit your day job to become a poet.:D :D :eek:

Where's the Chat???

vax6335
03-15-2007, 11:15 PM
My vote is yes. If we had it, I'd be there at times.

ElectricFlyGuy
03-16-2007, 01:41 AM
Yes, said the Cat In The Hat
There will be a chat,
It was just on the lamb
after eating green eggs and ham!

Crash Test Dummy
03-16-2007, 03:41 AM
Chat is just that....

(A poem by Dave)
LMAO!!:D

CTD

Grasshopper
03-16-2007, 05:09 AM
Roses are red,
No chat makes me blue,
If we had chat,
We'd discuss what we flew.

Mike Parsons
03-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Roses are red,
No chat makes me blue,
If we had chat,
LOL :D

firemanbill
03-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Roses are red,
No chat makes me blue,
If we had chat,

Unless the wind blew,
then what would we talk about?
I don't have a clue...

Geoff_Gino
03-16-2007, 02:55 PM
Marc has got to be paying attention to this thread - methinks he is having such a giggle, it's better than the humor threads. :-)

Grasshopper
03-16-2007, 03:07 PM
Unless the wind blew,
then what would we talk about?
I don't have a clue...

Well if the wind blows,
Then Chat's what we'd do.
We'd all get on line,
and talk about glue.

firemanbill
03-16-2007, 03:39 PM
Well if the wind blows,
Then Chat's what we'd do.
We'd all get on line,
and talk about glue.

Glue?
says you...
But with direction from who???

aviatordave
03-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Glue?
says you...
But with direction from who???

Why, Bill you know the deal....

There is no free meal -

Glue should be used in planes

not on your candy canes.

(lets bat for CHAT!)

Grasshopper
03-16-2007, 04:52 PM
Well, we all know the deal..

This Chat is for real...

Without it I claim..

My plane will fly like a candy cane...

firemanbill
03-16-2007, 05:06 PM
Well, we all know the deal..

This Chat is for real...

Without it I claim..

My plane will fly like a candy cane...

You're too good Tom... I can't keep up!:o

Grasshopper
03-16-2007, 05:12 PM
I'm just trying to keep up with Dave.

aviatordave
03-16-2007, 05:27 PM
Tom & Bill dont ya know?

The Chat priority is pretty low

We need to make it up high

Where is Admin?.......oh Sigh...

Grasshopper
03-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Well how can we get the priority to peak...

We need more members to stand up and speak.

I say Chat is good, I say Chat is great...

If we don't all speak up...

It will just be too late.

firemanbill
03-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Bill bows out gracefully...:o :p

aviatordave
03-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Bill, dont bow out so soon -

when you bend over all we see is the moon!

aviatordave
03-16-2007, 05:41 PM
Well how can we get the priority to peak...

We need more members to stand up and speak.

Members: 13,823

and below is all we have so far.....

firemanbill
03-16-2007, 05:53 PM
Bill, dont bow out so soon -

when you bend over all we see is the moon!

LOL...

ElectricFlyGuy
03-16-2007, 11:39 PM
OK people> I know what I need to do to get more people to this poll> stand by and see what happens now. I am gonna take my RED banner to all rooms I can possibly go to and PRAY> LOL.

With chat I would be so happy,
Cause I know my plane wouldn't fly so crappy,
Without chat I would be so sad,
Cause I know my plane would fly really bad!

ElectricFlyGuy
03-16-2007, 11:51 PM
Yes, that is not bad but look at the HITS !!!!!!!! That shows alot of people are interseted enough to look at this thread but not sure if it will happen. They are soon to be surprised to see it happen(sooner or later). The amount of hits a thread gets also factors in. I just wish those 'hitters' would please leave something instead of just leaving.:D Please, if you at least look at our chat poll thread, just leave a smiley or something. It would only take you a couple seconds to stop in and say HI. We want everyone to enjoy and use this chat to their full educational needs. Please, say HI to us while you stop in to check out our poll progress.;) I am here nearly 12 to 15 hours a day 3 on and 3 off. I would be happy to respond to anyone wanting to say hi. We welcome EVERYONE!...
.....................................Scott:)

Members: 13,823

and below is all we have so far.....

bowtie hi
03-17-2007, 03:18 AM
Chat ? The truck race is ready to start. Hehe

ElectricFlyGuy
03-17-2007, 03:21 AM
LOL!!!!!! OK Ken.;)

Chat ? The truck race is ready to start. Hehe

aviatordave
03-17-2007, 03:57 AM
We can always talk truck, busch, or nextel in Chat

John Seidelman
03-17-2007, 04:12 AM
Still Waiting for the Chat Room to reopen

Kosh
03-17-2007, 04:28 AM
I truly support this valiant effort and pledge to be actively involved in any effort to resererect our chat room even if it only once a month or more.
While I am not speaking for Wattlfyer I do truly believe you will get a chat room at some point in time and your efforts are not wasted here.

"I Support a Wattflyer Chatroom"

ElectricFlyGuy
03-17-2007, 04:51 AM
I hear ya Dave. So how ya been?

We can always talk truck, busch, or nextel in Chat

ElectricFlyGuy
03-18-2007, 02:38 AM
OK, I just got back from looking at the OLD thread > chatroom now online< and saw that Mike and Marc have comunicated with each other. It will become reality real soon!!!!!!!!!!! We would still like to hear from more people as we wait for our new chat room to come to life and THANX to all that have helped! See the communication at> http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showpost.php?=168456&postcount=55

Cowboy
03-20-2007, 01:36 AM
So have we ever heard form the head honcho on this request??

I just looked back and saw his input, sorry about that.

PopPhil
03-20-2007, 01:48 AM
OK!!!! what everybody else said, because I can't rhyme, but would like to CHAT rather than wear my hat. Oh well I tryed

Rugar
03-20-2007, 04:02 AM
Bump for a good cause.

Mike Parsons
03-20-2007, 04:43 AM
Marc's response on another thread
I can get this done but will do it after the next upgrade in vbulletin versions here. Doing it this way avoids the process of having to recode and install for this version and then redoing it all post-upgrade.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=168456&postcount=55

Rabbitcreekok
03-20-2007, 05:37 AM
chat, chat, chat, chat, etc

aviatordave
03-20-2007, 06:03 AM
We can organize a poetry session in the chatroom, Grasshopper can lead! sound like a good idea?

lol - Dave

Grasshopper
03-20-2007, 06:05 AM
That's just scary Dave.

ElectricFlyGuy
03-21-2007, 02:27 AM
They closed the old chat down
But soon it will re-open,
To gain some instant knowledge,
Is surely what I'm hopen'

bowtie hi
03-21-2007, 03:47 AM
A poet and don't know it

aviatordave
03-21-2007, 04:51 AM
Dont think that this chat is a tease

Cuz most of us can talk with the breeze.

Bowtie hi might be a NASCAR fan

but with CHAT he will sit on his can. :D :D :D

Grasshopper
03-21-2007, 05:01 AM
Talk with the breeze? So that's what you say...
Being able to chat would blow us away.
Sit yourself down, strap yourself in....
It won't be long before Chat's goin again.

ElectricFlyGuy
03-21-2007, 05:54 AM
I'm hearin' whatcha saying,
but with out chat,
I'm afraid my plane,
would be decaying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aviatordave
03-21-2007, 04:03 PM
Scot, Scott ...lets hear ya rap,

Cuz when your in the CHAT there wont be time for a nap

Our planes, our planes...they'll be collecting some dust...

Hell...look at your car - its full of rust!

PerlAddict
03-21-2007, 11:20 PM
You guys are goofy. :p

I know chat's already coming back, but just to chime in why I'd like it back, as well:

Chat rooms integrated into forums aren't always very full, realistically, because most of the users are browsing the forums. So popping in and hoping to find a bunch of people in it can be a bit of a pipe dream at times, realistically.

However, there are a few people here (*looks at Tom* :p ) whom I like to pester unrelentlessly with questions from time to time. I log on, see who's online, and then send one of them a PM about something. We then proceed to chat back and forth over PMs until I've once again reached my 300 messages limit and have to go back quickly and start finding non-essential PM's to delete so I can make room.

If we had a chat room, I could just send one PM asking if a person had a sec to chat, and then we could converse in realtime and I could simply save whatever bits of wisdom they bestowed upon me into a Word document after we were done.

So bring back the chat, it's time to play
Bring it on back, maybe later today?
The office is boring, the customers reek;
So bring back the chat to help speed by this week! :D

Grasshopper
03-21-2007, 11:38 PM
Looks to me like it's a chat room for starving poets.

bowtie hi
03-22-2007, 12:25 AM
Looks to me like it's a chat room for starving poets.

:) Agree 100 % :o

ElectricFlyGuy
03-22-2007, 12:58 AM
Full of rust, so, Dave you say
It's pretty old, I drive it every day.
If it falls to pieces on my way to work,
I'll hop in my foamie and look like a jerk:D

Scot, Scott ...lets hear ya rap,

Cuz when your in the CHAT there wont be time for a nap

Our planes, our planes...they'll be collecting some dust...

Hell...look at your car - its full of rust!

ElectricFlyGuy
03-22-2007, 01:17 AM
Yes Perl, we feel your pain,
reeking customers and slow day blues.
Chat would really help you gain,
knowledge on electrics and selective glues.:p

You guys are goofy. :p

I know chat's already coming back, but just to chime in why I'd like it back, as well:

Chat rooms integrated into forums aren't always very full, realistically, because most of the users are browsing the forums. So popping in and hoping to find a bunch of people in it can be a bit of a pipe dream at times, realistically.

However, there are a few people here (*looks at Tom* :p ) whom I like to pester unrelentlessly with questions from time to time. I log on, see who's online, and then send one of them a PM about something. We then proceed to chat back and forth over PMs until I've once again reached my 300 messages limit and have to go back quickly and start finding non-essential PM's to delete so I can make room.

If we had a chat room, I could just send one PM asking if a person had a sec to chat, and then we could converse in realtime and I could simply save whatever bits of wisdom they bestowed upon me into a Word document after we were done.

So bring back the chat, it's time to play
Bring it on back, maybe later today?
The office is boring, the customers reek;
So bring back the chat to help speed by this week! :D

ElectricFlyGuy
04-10-2007, 02:32 AM
ECHO ECHo ECho Echo echo LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Where is our chat room??????? :)

ElectricFlyGuy
04-10-2007, 04:46 AM
PLEASE GO TO MY OFFICIAL CHAT POLL THREAD!!!!Go to SEARCH< Then enter> OFFICIAL CHAT POLL < VOTE!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun and see you there!!!! Thanx for all your help! Scott.

Mike Parsons
04-10-2007, 02:53 PM
ECHO ECHo ECho Echo echo LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Where is our chat room??????? :)
Scott,
Marc has stated that he will roll the chat back in during the next upgrade. We are due one soon and once the rls is final he will implement. It is a bit of work to integrate the code back in and if he did it pre upgrade, then he would have to do it all over again after the new release. So it is coming, but not until after the upgrade.

penguin
04-10-2007, 04:52 PM
I would also be all for it, vBulletin has a good in-built one that can be tagged on the bottom of the homepage

ElectricFlyGuy
04-11-2007, 12:06 AM
I know, I was just bored.:D I wish we could close down this thread to redirect folks to the REAL poll now. Thanx Mike.I love the BAR polls!! That is so cool! Take care, Scott. P.S> As for others>> Please consider this thread close and go to the NEW> Chat poll system as indicated in my signature. Again<> thanx for all those that have helped, Scott.

Scott,
Marc has stated that he will roll the chat back in during the next upgrade. We are due one soon and once the rls is final he will implement. It is a bit of work to integrate the code back in and if he did it pre upgrade, then he would have to do it all over again after the new release. So it is coming, but not until after the upgrade.

Airhead
04-11-2007, 10:03 AM
Scott,
Thanks for the info Mike..

Mike Parsons
05-04-2007, 10:46 PM
Many have seen the announcement, but I thought I would post it here for prosperity.

The Chatroom is online and working. Enter the Chatroom from the top right menu bar.

Cheers,
Mike

aviatordave
05-05-2007, 06:50 AM
Can they post an announcement at the top of the forum? I still think lots dont know about it..

ElectricFlyGuy
05-05-2007, 10:48 AM
That is why I put it in my signature to try to help spread the word.:silly:

Can they post an announcement at the top of the forum? I still think lots dont know about it..

Mike Parsons
05-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Done.

aviatordave
05-06-2007, 02:31 AM
thanks!