PDA

View Full Version : Connector question

meegosh
10-12-2005, 05:26 PM
I am getting the Hobbico Quick Field Charger MKII and I have ordered the Slow Stick beginners combo from gwsexpert.com. I plan on ordering another battery pack (KAN1050 8cell) once I get some practice under my belt. I was wondering what type of connectors I should get. I understand that if I were to get banna plugs for the charger instead of the alligator clips that I could use the radio shack cigaratte lighter adapter to charge my batts. What connectors should I get for the esc, batt and everything else? I believe the plane comes equipped with JST connectors, should I stick with these and just order a 10 pack of connectors to make everythign the same?

Anyone got a good link for these? Someone gave me a link to http://aircraft-world.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?page=1 but they are out of the female connector with male pins. Any other site?

Edit: Found some on eBay... http://cgi.ebay.com/10-Jst-Connectors-5-male-5-female_W0QQitemZ6005468622QQcategoryZ34056QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Can someone answer my question regarding the charger though?

hoppy
10-12-2005, 06:37 PM
JST's are too small for speed 400 gear.

I would use Deans ULTRA connectors with the female on the battery. You can use bullet connectors between the motor and ESC or Deans.
http://www.aircraft-world.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=33&cat=battery+%2D+WIRE+and+CONNECTORS

meegosh
10-12-2005, 07:11 PM
So I will need a male deans connector on the lead from the motor... connects to female connector on lead from esc... from esc to batt, need a female on that end and male on the batts. Also will need two males for the Hobbico charger (can charge 2 batts).

So all together I need three female/male sets and an extra male connector for the esc to batt.

1 set - motor to esc
1 set - 1 lead from charger to 1st batt
1 set - other lead from charger to 2nd batt
1 male - esc to batt

Is this right or am I over-looking something? Sounds like I'm going to have to get a new tip for my soldering gun!

Thanks for your help!!! I REALLY appreciate it!

hoppy
10-12-2005, 08:13 PM
So I will need a male deans connector on the lead from the motor... connects to female connector on lead from esc...
OK

from esc to batt, need a female on that end and male on the batts.
NO Female is on battery leads, male is on ESC lead.

Also will need two males for the Hobbico charger (can charge 2 batts).
OK

So all together I need three female/male sets and an extra male connector for the esc to batt.
OK

1 set - motor to esc
1 male - esc to batt

Is this right or am I over-looking something? Sounds like I'm going to have to get a new tip for my soldering gun!

Male on Motor leads
Female on ESC Motor leads.
Male on ESC battery leads.
Female(2) on battery leads
Male(2) on Charger leads.

It won't hurt to have extras:)

But if it were me, I'd use bullet connectors between the motor and ESC.

SoAZguy
10-13-2005, 10:16 PM
So I will need a male deans connector on the lead from the motor... connects to female connector on lead from esc... from esc to batt, need a female on that end and male on the batts. Also will need two males for the Hobbico charger (can charge 2 batts).

1 set - motor to esc
1 male - esc to batt

Get a soldering iron instead ....40 weller is good......

Jim

meegosh
10-13-2005, 11:09 PM
It is an iron, just said gun.. :rolleyes: I like mine because it has a light that shines directly on the tip so you can always see what your doing! Helps when your soldering PS2's and Xbox's.