PDA

View Full Version : Electric Helos Made in the USA ??

Pony Pirate
03-18-2007, 08:27 PM
Are there any Electric Helos made and marketed in the USA ?

Jack

spot282
03-18-2007, 09:21 PM
Century Helicopters are all manufactured. I think the Swift and hummingbird are the two that they make.

flypaper 2
03-19-2007, 05:42 PM
I believe Lite Machines are made in the U.S. too.

lvseicsh
04-17-2007, 10:08 PM
I thought that too until I read this on their website:

Welcome to Century Helicopter Product's new factory. We have been in the process of building this factory to ensure our customers continue to receive affordable prices and high quality helicopters and related items for years to come.

New Factory Overview:

Location:Dongguan, Guandong, China (about 2 hours drive from Hong Kong Airport)Lot Sq Ft:34,000 (factory and dormitory) + parking lotFirst Floor:
(Heavy Machinery) All advanced CNC machines, 4 axle CNC mills, hi-speed CNC lathe, digital auto press machine for muffler producing, complete plastic injection machinery. Machine shop currently operates 24/7 in 3 shifts. Second Floor:
(General Office)Office of the General Manager (Peter Chao), Deputy Manager's Office, and meeting room are on this floor. Purchasing staff, secretaries, accounting team, QC staff, R & D team, and engineers all share work on this floor too. The new muffler production facility is also on this floor. Third Floor:
(Assembly Facility) Two 20-meter rolling assembly tables are currenntly being used. There are also many small tables for special project assemblies. Parts storage and some light machinery are on this floor too. Assembly workers operate in double shifts from 8 am to 10 pm to achieve targeted output of 60% to 80% production increase by the end of 2007.

PilotDane
04-18-2007, 02:07 AM
I have read complaints on other boards that Century parts had become hard to find. It sounds like that had a break in their supply chain when they moved to the far side of the planet and could not keep up with demand. I assume things will get back to normal in time. I have seen a lot of their advertising so it seems they are still pushing hard for the future. :)

leapfrog
04-19-2007, 05:28 AM
Thomas may kill me for doing this... but: www.acceleratedrc.com

Made in Texas, baby... and it's really a great flying little frame (the rest is usually Align)...

herbsandspices
12-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Diggin' up an old thread, to see if anyone knows of more US-made companies?

I'm looking for a small RC Helo that's Made in USA or Europe. Any thoughts?

Thanks! I'm learning a lot so far!

john

EDIT: I just saw this was in the Standard & Large take Heli section... maybe I should take a new request to the general section.