PDA

View Full Version : Lipo battery left on too long...

Heidelberg Germany Flyer
10-12-2005, 05:57 PM
I use the Astro 20 system that has a switch to cut off the receiver. Problem is that I took home the fuselage with the 3 cell battery still in it. Even though the switch was off, I found that my lipo now only produces 2 volts. Also, my charger reads it as a 1 cell battery, and it won't charge.

Do I have any options, or should I retire my lipo to the resting place where all faithful batteries eventually go.

Heidelberg Germany Flyer

rcers
10-12-2005, 06:26 PM
Nope you learned a tough expensive lesson. A safty lesson is next for you...

Just note that anytime the ESC and motor are connected to a battery the motor can start. It is a loaded gun at the point you plug in the battery. Don't trust the safty features of not starting up a motor without a signal and signal loss shutdown of the motor. I have seen both cases fail (one with ugly results).

Mike

Heidelberg Germany Flyer
10-12-2005, 07:21 PM
It was an expensive lesson...

Thanks for the safety lesson. I turn the switch off after a flight so I can quickly get my glider off the field. I always think that the big guys want the whole field without me hanging around disconnecting. I always hold the glider as if the motor will start when carrying it. When I get to my resting place I quickly disconnect. (However, I forgot to disconnect the other day)

Heidelberg Germany Flyer