PDA

View Full Version : RIP Wattage P-47

Crash9
03-26-2007, 01:13 AM
Well after having flying my Wattage P-47 for over a year it had a mis-hap today:( . It had 67 flights and was one of my favorite planes but for some reason I had a feeling it would not make it through the day:confused: . First I put a cheaper ESC in it after robbing the CC35 for another plane. The cheaper brand new Xtra ESC was acting funny, but I never had a chance to bring it in for a closer look. As I was buzzing around getting a feel for what was wrong I had a near mis with my uncles Easy Star that had a video camera on it for the first time. As I turned to aviod it my plane went towards the sun and I could not see it for a few seconds (forgot my sunglasses:mad: ) When I recovered from my blindness I could see it again but couldn't til if it was going away or coming towards me. Still suffering from the suns glare on a Silver plane I saw it was headed slightly downward so I gave it some throttle and pulled back on the elevator, but to my surprise it went straight in. In the instant after I pulled back on the stick I realized that the plane was up-side down:eek: . To late the next thing was the CRACK sound from the balsa smacking the ground.....:(

My Uncle did manage to get video and I lifted some pics.
1. The near mis
2. The crash site
3. Picking up the pieces
4. The long walk back being buzzed by an Easy Star
5. Whats left

Crash9
03-26-2007, 01:21 AM
All the gear lived but the HS-55s. All 4 of them had busted gears:( .

Grasshopper
03-26-2007, 01:22 AM
That's too bad Crash. Are the electronics OK?

Don Sims
03-26-2007, 01:23 AM
Awww Crash, hate to read this. Mine went in in the same spot on the field that has gotten at least three other planes this year. For some reason there is major glitching in the spot. They are a great flying plane.

Great photos too!

Grasshopper
03-26-2007, 01:23 AM
Guess I didn't type fast enough.

Crash9
03-26-2007, 06:39 PM
That's too bad Crash. Are the electronics OK?
Yeah GH, we where both thinking the same thing at the same time.:)

Crash9
03-26-2007, 06:42 PM
Awww Crash, hate to read this. Mine went in in the same spot on the field that has gotten at least three other planes this year. For some reason there is major glitching in the spot. They are a great flying plane.

Great photos too!
Thanks Don, sorry to hear you no longer have yours. I may just have to go and get another.
No honey that's not a new one I just repaired it...lol:D

Air Trucker
03-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Sorry, you must have got caught in my Easy Star prop wash (lol:D )

Don Sims
03-27-2007, 12:49 AM
Soooo Max, fessing up are we!! ;)

You should at least by Crash (and myself) another P-47 out of guilt... Jugs must be in the air, not on the ground!

Crash9
03-27-2007, 01:41 AM
Yeah I agree with Don:D . I don't think he wanted any compitition with his new E-Flite Jug :rolleyes: .

Air Trucker
03-27-2007, 01:44 AM
Crash 9 And my self just completed my 47 Sat. Waiting for a good day to fly it since I'am new at this crash9 will make test fly. Max

Crash9
03-27-2007, 01:46 AM
Hope I don't crash it:D

Don Sims
03-27-2007, 11:10 AM
It's a nice looking plane Max, good luck on the maiden!!