PDA

View Full Version : Hot deals?? Where should they be posted?

TheLost
10-13-2005, 03:58 PM
Where should we post all the hot deals & discounts on R/C gear we find?

A lot of forums i visit (non-rc related) have a dedicated forum for 'Hot deals, coupons, discounts' people find.

The E-hobbie geek needs a site like Fatwallet.com or TechBargains.com to stretch our hobby dollar :D

Just a suggestion...

~Brian

admin
10-13-2005, 05:37 PM
The hot deals should go in whatever forum is most appropriate for that product. if you find a hot deal on a lipo for example you could put it in the battery forum. a brushless motor deal in the bm forum just to let guys know a deal is lurking!

Turbojoe
01-20-2006, 12:17 AM
I'd love to see a dedicated hot deals forum. I'm an impulse buyer and love to find a good deal on something whether I may need it right now or maybe later. To have to search through all of the various forums for a deal is like having to check through all of my bookmarks. I'd love to find it all in one place so I can check in or contribute daily.

Joe

admin
01-20-2006, 01:35 AM
On the flip side will fewer people not see them because they are not in the forums for which they regularly read? also clicking new posts would come up with them.

Other feedback welcome on this

Turbojoe
01-20-2006, 01:45 AM
On the flip side will fewer people not see them because they are not in the forums for which they regularly read? also clicking new posts would come up with them.

Other feedback welcome on this
Good point but I want to head straight for an all encompassing cheap stuff thread.:D

Joe

zappedalaskan
01-23-2006, 05:53 AM
When I find a hot deal, I post it in one of the two vendor discussion forums. Unless asked about such in specific forums. I.E. Where is the best place to buy blade cp parts, in the heli forum. I reply directly to the post.
Jay