PDA

View Full Version : Mag Mayhem and Kyosho APL motor

LuckyArmpit
10-13-2005, 06:01 PM
I have a mag mayhem standard turn motor and a kyosho APL motor (the black long can type). I have a sailplane (its an Omei) that needs a motor.
Currently, don't have an inline gearbox yet but would like to get this up in the air. With respect to both motors being fed with 8 cell SCR's, what size prop can I use to send this puppy up in the blue yonder?
As to prop sizes, I don't want to draw too many amps so I can put off changing brushes for the time being. Or, are these motors not strong enough to do the job? Thanx!!

Dave...

Walt Thyng
10-14-2005, 02:22 PM
the ApL is an EDC motor and requires a small prop to keep the amps down. The Mag Mayhem can handle up to 12 cells and will swing a bit larger prop. If it were me I'd run a meter on the Mag with an 8/4 folder and work from there.
Walt

Walt Thyng
10-15-2005, 05:10 AM
Sorry meant to say the APL motor is an EDF motor.

MrMulligan
10-15-2005, 06:38 PM
I've used the Meyhem in a GP Electrostreak with an 8x4 folder and it works very well. More power than the stock motor.

LuckyArmpit
10-16-2005, 02:14 PM
Thanx Guys.
Mr. Mulligan, how many cells were you running on the mayhem?
I have 7 and 8 cell SCR's of the 1700 mah variety.
Wanted to run an inline gearbox with it. However, it looks to be a winter renovation. I have one inline box (mpjet) but the inner plastic teeth are chewed up.

Dave...

MrMulligan
10-16-2005, 08:23 PM
I was running 7cell 1900 and 2400 NiCd packs. Didn't have anything larger but they were fine with lots of power. I have another Electrostreak and will probably go the same way.