PDA

View Full Version : GP electrifly se5a wood prop?

Cheese_Puddin
03-28-2007, 06:09 AM
Hello all,

I have a quick question, I am building my se5a with the rimfire motor that they recommend and I want to put a wood prop on it. I have never tried using a wood prop and I was wondering if their is a downside to using a woodprop and if i were to use a wooden prop on this plane what size should i use.

I know there are many people that have the fokker and se so i thought i would ask before trying something different and crashing in the process! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Brad

Spoonwasher
03-28-2007, 08:55 AM
The only caution I would add here is that there isn't the selection in wood props for off the shelf than there is for plastic Props.If your going to use something different than recomended for the rimfire, test with a wattmeter to see what your current draw of the motoris for the selected prop. I'm using a 10 x 3.7 apc with 1250 3cell lipo on my rimfire for the SE5a. Also wood wont be as forgiving as plastic if you nick the grass or ground.you could paint the plastic what ever colour you like , I'll give you a photo of my Finished apc for mine.

Cheese_Puddin
03-28-2007, 02:49 PM
cool thanks!

rcers
03-28-2007, 03:40 PM
Wood props are just not great at our reletively low RPM's you are much better to paint a GWS or APC to look wood - it works very well!

Mike